Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Bike shorts! I wear them under sundresses all summer :)

I was planning on wearing them! LOL! I have been a yacht cruise and remember it being windy. But I just love this dress too much. And my sister told me when she sailed out of Galveston, her maxi dress made her feel all hot and sweaty. :eek: Not cute!

I was planning on wearing them! LOL! I have been a yacht cruise and remember it being windy. But I just love this dress too much. And my sister told me when she sailed out of Galveston, her maxi dress made her feel all hot and sweaty. :eek: Not cute!

Plus it keeps my legs from rubbing in the heat while being just heavy enough to stay put.

I have a pair of bike shorts that I wore to the gym and as spare pair of snorkle shorts over bikini bottoms with a tankini top. I like my fluffiness covered but skirted bottoms take forever to dry. The shorts come off and dry shorts or beach dress goes on quick over the rest.

I want to find some of the Jockey Skimmies Slipshorts to try under dresses and skirts. $22 Canadian. Seems like not a bad investment to save me some embarrassment.

Anybody else missing "Marie" & her pictures in her BEAUTIFUL GOWNS?? :D Hoping maybe she will pick up another laptop to start posting again.:)

Yes, I am in Marie gowns picture withdrawal, LOL!

Judy, I seem to recall you buying a gorgeous white gown a while ago.......did you ever post a picture of you wearing it?

Edited by cruz4evr

Yes, I am in Marie gowns picture withdrawal, LOL!

Judy, I seem to recall you buying a gorgeous white gown a while ago.......did you ever post a picture of you wearing it?

Oh, so glad someone else is having withdrawal! :D

I have not worn the gown yet, it's for our 35th. anniversary cruise which is in Nov. 2014. I will post a picture then, as I'm trying to keep it a secret ;) from my DH !

Hey ladies! I'm a new poster on this thread but I've been lurking for a few weeks... I am SO jealous of all your fabulous dresses! I'm going on my first cruise in May (Carnival) and am already searching for dresses. Last summer I lost 40 pounds and one full dress size so nothing I have fits... all the more reason to go shopping, right? :)

I found two dresses this evening that I think are definitely cruise worthy! The first is a casual gray dress from Dress Barn that I got for FREE thanks to a coupon! I'm not a fan of the belt so I plan on changing it, as it's just a piece of ribbon. Also, the sleeves are open on the sides so they will fall down and not have the butterfly effect you see in the pic... didn't get a picture of them laying "normal." I thought this dress would be great for casual dinners. It's prettier in person.

photo1_zps77517d9f.jpg

And then I found this beauty at TJ Maxx! It's Lauren by Ralph Lauren and I think it will be great for our two formal nights with different accessories. I've been wanting a chiffon maxi dress and refused to pay $100+ for one but I found this one for $40. Score! I think it's a bridesmaid dress but whatever - I love it. It's more of a pinky purple in person but it comes off very cool toned in the pic.

photo2_zps193a5604.jpg

**If the pictures don't work, please let me know. I'm using Photobucket for the first time in a looooong time.**

Hey ladies! I'm a new poster on this thread but I've been lurking for a few weeks... I am SO jealous of all your fabulous dresses! I'm going on my first cruise in May (Carnival) and am already searching for dresses. Last summer I lost 40 pounds and one full dress size so nothing I have fits... all the more reason to go shopping, right? :)

I found two dresses this evening that I think are definitely cruise worthy! The first is a casual gray dress from Dress Barn that I got for FREE thanks to a coupon! I'm not a fan of the belt so I plan on changing it, as it's just a piece of ribbon. Also, the sleeves are open on the sides so they will fall down and not have the butterfly effect you see in the pic... didn't get a picture of them laying "normal." I thought this dress would be great for casual dinners. It's prettier in person.

And then I found this beauty at TJ Maxx! It's Lauren by Ralph Lauren and I think it will be great for our two formal nights with different accessories. I've been wanting a chiffon maxi dress and refused to pay $100+ for one but I found this one for $40. Score! I think it's a bridesmaid dress but whatever - I love it. It's more of a pinky purple in person but it comes off very cool toned in the pic.

**If the pictures don't work, please let me know. I'm using Photobucket for the first time in a looooong time.**

Both are very cute!

And LOL...I had to break out my photobucket too. I couldn't even remember the last time I used it. :rolleyes:

photo1_zps77517d9f.jpg

photo2_zps193a5604.jpg

-------

love both of your dresses but my fav is the 2nd more formal one !!:)

You really scored with that Ralph Lauren! So So pretty!

photo1_zps77517d9f.jpg

photo2_zps193a5604.jpg

The Ralph Lauren post reminded me - I have a similar bridesmaid's dress.

This is the dress, but in black. (it has a little sparkle in the bust area)

BAlf155.jpg

Do you think it would be formal for Formal Night on Carnival?

I am pretty sure the last cruise I did I just wore a LBD and skipped the second night. I can't seem to remember how dressy it is.

BAlf155.jpg

I am pretty sure the last cruise I did I just wore a LBD and skipped the second night. I can't seem to remember how dressy it is.

Pretty! I have heard so many things about Carnival's formal nights that I'm not sure what to expect. I have a friend who has been on three Carnival cruises -- the first one, she wore her old prom dress and was totally out of place and the last two, they skipped formal night. She's really my only go to person to ask questions and that definitely doesn't help haha. I think with the right accessories, it would look fine!

Edited by iheartmarshall

BAlf155.jpg

I think it would be good for elegant night on Carnival. I wear gowns on elegant nights and cocktail dresses/nice dresses for casual nights andI'm never the only one.

Thanks, it would be nice to wear it again ( you know the whole joke about bridesmaid dresses ) and its a pretty dress.

@Tinkerdevil - yes it is Alfred Angelo.

One more question - I will probably get it dry cleaned anyway. I'm wondering how I'll pack it and get the wrinkles out after. Anyone know if Carnival does pressing/steaming? Would I be better off just waiting and get it dry cleaned on the ship? Do they do that?

Bridesmaids dresses are fine to wear these days. It used to be that people didn't wear a lot of color in evening gowns, but bridesmaids dresses came in every bright and pastel color. Today we wear every color anyway, and bridesmaids dresses are no longer styled like Little Bo Peep!

Edited by royalcruz

Thanks, it would be nice to wear it again ( you know the whole joke about bridesmaid dresses ) and its a pretty dress.

@Tinkerdevil - yes it is Alfred Angelo.

One more question - I will probably get it dry cleaned anyway. I'm wondering how I'll pack it and get the wrinkles out after. Anyone know if Carnival does pressing/steaming? Would I be better off just waiting and get it dry cleaned on the ship? Do they do that?

You can give it to your room steward and they will take it down to be steamed and pressed. I think it is $9.00. They do a wonderful job. I usually just give them all of my dresses at once and they bring them back the next day. Not sure if they have dry cleaning, but the steam and press service is outstanding.

You can give it to your room steward and they will take it down to be steamed and pressed. I think it is $9.00. They do a wonderful job. I usually just give them all of my dresses at once and they bring them back the next day. Not sure if they have dry cleaning' date=' but the steam and press service is outstanding.[/quote']

Thanks!! :D

I'll get it cleaned here and have them press it.

Here are a couple dresses I just won on Ebay. An Old Navy maxi dress:

$(KGrHqN,!qsFHM(EYMQEBR5c(p81Zw~~60_57.JPG?rt=nc

A Tahari gown I'd like to dress up with a belt and the right shoes:

$_57.JPG

Both are very pretty. I love the gown. I think just something around the neck would look fine.