shuttles - waiting for a full load of passengers

Tetra

I'd booked RCCL transfers from MCO to Port Canaveral and back, and I'm regretting it after reading reports on the RCCL board about sitting on a bus at the airport for up to 3 hours while they wait for it to fill up. These reports weren't specific to Orlando, I don't think, but it still has me worried. I'd assumed that they'd run a bus every hour or so, but now I'm thinking it might be just one bus that leaves around 12:30 PM.

I'd really wanted to get to the port around 11 AM.

I'm considering switching to Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and doing a pickup at Universal Studios, which is close to my friend's home (going down a few days early to visit). I'm assuming that they pick you up, make a few stops at various hotels in the area, and then you're on your way.

Does that sound like a better idea, or am I worrying over nothing?

Sounds like a plan, but we had friends who tried to get out of using the Miami Carnival shuttle they had paid for and there were no refunds offered! :eek: Hopefully you have not booked/paid for the transfers, or RCCI is better about offering refunds. Good luck! :)

We were finished eating lunch on our ship when we saw people arriving in a hissy-fit saying they had to wait two hours after picking up bags before they left the airport. They had pciked an early arrival specifically thinking they'd be at the ship early. Didn't arrive until 2-ish.

Transfers are a big waste of time and money in our eyes.

We had are taste of the Bus and the shuttles and never

again. For a few dollars more I would recommend a

reputable private transportation company like Executive

vip limo. Less stress and peace of mind knowing you

will get to where you are going with no delays.

It's like that going to the port and going to the airport. They want to take a full bus. I will never do the shuttle that RCCL provides, again. You waste to much time, besides depending on how many are in your party you may come out cheaper either in a cab or another shuttle company.

Archived