NCL Breakaway ship to homepor in NYC

smeyer418

nice :D:D:D

this makes me very happy :p

but i know many people will be upset that the major port near them wont be the home port.

however the news is its only a 2 year deal, and in the following year when the getaway comes out n.y. will be off the table

:)

Thanks for giving westcoasters hope!

Now, to anyone living in New york City: Please start a crash course on those areas that have hotels that are affordable and safe. We've all seen too many episodes of NYPD Blue and Law And Order. We country folk are lost in the big city! :D

Thanks for giving westcoasters hope!

Now, to anyone living in New york City: Please start a crash course on those areas that have hotels that are affordable and safe. We've all seen too many episodes of NYPD Blue and Law And Order. We country folk are lost in the big city! :D

LOL NY is safer than L and O shows. they are made here. Although when they were shooting some shots for PANAM two weeks ago one of the cops directing traffic tried to stop a stolen car and shot at it into a window of a building with little kids in an apartment.

Its a lot safer then the left coast...

@cv322

Interesting how perceptions change. Just a few years ago I thought the Jewel class ships were huge. Comparing them to the R-ships at 30,000 tons, that is. That would be my preferred small ship. However, I am looking to catch an aft cabin on the Breakaway coming from Germany to NYC. Go figure.

Juergen (and Helen)

Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

I can't wait for next week either!

NYC is not Boston but it's still drive-able! However, I am still wondering how she's getting across the Atlantic. The ship would be the attraction if I took it to Bermuda, definitely not Bermuda. Been there so many times already!!! Either way, can't believe I'm going to book a ship blindly as the deck plans will not be available when the bookings go on sale to Latitudes Members. :eek::D

It is crazy wanting a ship but having no clue where to book a room. All I know is that I need a simple interior cabin, that's it. I just want to be on the ship, no need for anything fancy. Just need it for showering and sleeping, so as long as I can get it midship, i'm golden! :D

You're kidding, right! How would one choose a cabin without a deck plan? Surely the agents will have deck plans.

Reservation agents will have deck plans but will have to DESCRIBE everything to the guest instead of us figuring out exactly where we want to be. It's a gamble. I know I would be on a mid-level deck with nothing above or below me but passenger cabins. I am not sure what decks those would be but I think it would be 9 through 11 from artist renderings of the exterior of the ship already available. :)

It is crazy wanting a ship but having no clue where to book a room. All I know is that I need a simple interior cabin, that's it. I just want to be on the ship, no need for anything fancy. Just need it for showering and sleeping, so as long as I can get it midship, i'm golden! :D

Exactly... I'm not sure if I want to go solo on this or bring someone with me and book a larger room. I know it has studios. I still have a few days to decide. :)

Of course two years ago, I lived 1 hour from the NY port...now I live in Fla...need to get on that ship...I'll figure a way...:D

Sounds like it's time for a ROAD TRIP! :eek::D I've done Boston to Chicago and back for work related reasons and did the drive in 1 day each way so that's do-able for you! Take turns driving and do it in one day! :)

I like a "sandwich" cabin, too. Also like to book a cabin right next door to a more expensive one. Then I feel totally smug!:D But I would need a deck plan to execute that maneuver!

Booking blindly is fun. It's like playing Russian Roulette. You may get shot but eh... if you shoot first then you might score the cabin you want without even knowing it! Play your lottery numbers! :D

Archived