Recent Cruisers... rate for calls still $0.99/min?

QTPieRye

"For our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the staterooms telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00AM. The rate is $6.99 per minute for calls to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and $9.99 per minute for all International calls. All charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, guests cannot use calling cards, credit cards, dial 800 toll-free numbers nor make a collect calls. Instructions and rates can be found in the cabin's directory."

I've got an international calling package on my cell that costs $2.49/minute. Much cheaper.

"For our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the staterooms telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00AM. The rate is $6.99 per minute for calls to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and $9.99 per minute for all International calls. All charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, guests cannot use calling cards, credit cards, dial 800 toll-free numbers nor make a collect calls. Instructions and rates can be found in the cabin's directory."

I've got an international calling package on my cell that costs $2.49/minute. Much cheaper.

Is this info from a recent cruise or just from the CCL website? I am looking for recent cruisers to see if they still had the $0.99/minute special.

Is this info from a recent cruise or just from the CCL website? I am looking for recent cruisers to see if they still had the $0.99/minute special.

Several ships had run specials late last year. Which ship are you asking about?? I have not run into this price, but I ran into one for $2.99 a minute they tried too. I think that was last January. Nothing since then except on Oasis in Cozumel, but no have not seen it lately.

Several ships had run specials late last year. Which ship are you asking about?? I have not run into this price, but I ran into one for $2.99 a minute they tried too. I think that was last January. Nothing since then except on Oasis in Cozumel, but no have not seen it lately.

Carnival Splendor :)

Splendor Fun Times dated SUNDAY JULY 10, 2011

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2011-07-14/

PHONING HOME AT A LOW RATE

Just $1.99 per minute when using your stateroom phone!

Consult your stateroom directory for dialing instructions.

Charges apply to all calls including 1-800 calling cards, credit

cards and collect call

Archived