Atm

harold90

I remember an ATM near the baggage claim for Continental as you exit to the taxi stand.

Ask your bank about using your ATM card internationally. By switching to a certain type of account before I left, I was able to avoid transaction fees on both ends. Also make sure you know what your daily withdrawal limit is and have a backup card with you.

The ATM will usually limit your transaction to a certain figure, I think it was 200euro. If you want more, you will have to do another transaction (so if you try to get out 250 or whatever and you are rejected, try a lesser amount as you may be going over that ATM's limit). I think you also have to make sure you are using a 4 digit number for your PIN.

I had no problem finding working ATMS on our Med cruise (I did not use them in Turkey, we paid dollars to our tour guide).

Harold are you begging or ending your cruise in Barcelona. If you are starting there I would use the ATM at the airport.

In terms of the cruise ship terminal, keep in mind there are two Cruise Ship terminals in Barcelona.

Keith

"Ask your bank about using your ATM card internationally. By switching to a certain type of account before I left, I was able to avoid transaction fees on both ends."

I never heard of "No Transaction Fees." Which bank will do this? What "Type" of account?

I have Citibank, B of A, and U.S. Bank.

"Ask your bank about using your ATM card internationally. By switching to a certain type of account before I left, I was able to avoid transaction fees on both ends."

I never heard of "No Transaction Fees." Which bank will do this? What "Type" of account?

I have Citibank, B of A, and U.S. Bank.

Before we went to Mexico a year ago I contacted our bank (US bank). We ended up ordering a ATM card and I could use that without any foreign transaction fee. You will still get the ATM fee from where you are at. Foreign transaction fee and the ATM fee are different charges.

Archived