Best Western+ Downtown Vancouver / Cruise Transfer Package?

CanWeGoYet?

I have booked this hotel for 1 night before the cruise I have coming up, and hoping to get some feedback from others. Feedback on the hotel in general or especially from those who have stayed here or booked the cruise transfer package.

It's quite a bit more than the general room rate, especially since I could get a room for a little over $90 (AAA rate) and the cruise transfer package for the time I'll be there is $179. Just wondering if there is any difference in the room itself for paying the higher booking fee.

I know $179 is not a lot for a decent place to stay in a large city, but I'm wondering if I'm paying $85 extra for about $45 worth of amenities. Thanks in advance for any info.

There will be very little if any difference in the room. Here is how I would break down the value of the package:

Room $90

Cab from YVR $35

Breakfast for 2 at White Spot in hotel $35

Cab from hotel to pier $15

For a total of about $175....and through in the bottled water and it is about a wash.

Thanks Putterdude & Jana.

I won't be coming from the airport, but I got an email from the manager that they would pay for my cab fare from the train station. But I think that would be a lot less than YVR. Your totals for cab to pier & the breakfast for 2 are more than I thought they would be, so it sounds closer than I thought.

The value of the cab fare from the Pacific Central Station to the BW would be in the region of $15. As the shuttle from the hotel to Canada Place is free, package or no package, so you would be money ahead to book the hotel at the AAA rate of $90, pay your own taxi from the train station to the hotel and buy your own breakfast.

Sorry to butt in but just wondering if you got the $90 room rate directly with Best Western or through Hotwire etc. I think we are going to book with them but are getting a rate of approx $140+-. Maybe it's just the timing.

Thanks!

Thanks for the good advice Putterdude. I have gone ahead & changed my booking to just to a regular AAA rate instead of the cruise transfer package.

Lyn2005 it was $92 and change booking directly with Best Western, with a AAA card. I know the time I'm going is still low season, even the cruise transfer package costs more starting june I think. So that may be part of the price difference. The rate I have is pre hotel taxes.

We booked at $152 for June 2, so rates really start to climb quickly. You got a great price! Now that we are booked I can still watch out for something cheaper as they allow you to cancel up to 48 hrs ahead of check-in. Wish I had the nerve to do Hotwire.

Archived