Carnival Legend REVIEW with PICS! 10/2 - 10/9/11

DalovelyDamanda

Our 14th wedding anniversary was a few days ago so our friends surprised us by having a cake ready for us. The wait staff came out and sang for us. It was awesome!

Here we are with Edwin and our cake. (Strawberry filling!)

38.jpg

They also got us great gifts...hubby got a watch and I got a bracelet and earrings!

I'm very frustrated with these picture postings! I'm using PhotoBucket and it keeps turning half of them sideways even though I rotate them correctly before uploading! ARRRGH. Any advice? What online website do you use to store your photos for use on here??

Ok that's all for now. I'm tired after a long week of cruising. And I don't have my land legs back yet. I'm sitting here swaying while I type! :D

I'm very frustrated with these picture postings! I'm using PhotoBucket and it keeps turning half of them sideways even though I rotate them correctly before uploading! ARRRGH. Any advice? What online website do you use to store your photos for use on here??

I don't use PhotoBucket, but on Picasa if I rotate or change a photo I need to "save" otherwise it reverts to the original.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review and correct the picture situation. I am really enjoying your adventure on the Legend. Our cruise, 2 years ago, was one of my favorites. Keep up the good work!!!

I think we got the shuttle van through John's Limo. (We're up in Hernando County) I'm not sure exactly but it was over $200 for roundtrip. They said the van would hold all 10 of us with 2 bags each. (2 of our group had a family member drop them off so we had 8 with lots of luggage and still had plenty of room.) So we split the cost 50/50. As of 10/01/11, Channelside Parking is now $105 for 7 days. Plus we'd have to pay the toll road to get to Tampa. So it was worth it for us.

Here's the rest of Monday night. After dinner, we changed our clothes, watched the Jazz Hot show in the Follies (the singers were just awful and the choreography was sad. The live band was very good though. I mean I'm not expecting a Broadway performance, but at least they could've sang in tune) and then went to check out Medusa's Lair.

Here we are picking Medusa's nose

39.jpg

And here we are dancing

40.jpg

DAY 3 - Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We woke up and had buffet breakfast in the Unicorn. Then we packed up and headed out.

41.jpg

Walking through the Duty Free shop, we saw this live statue. His eyeball freaked me out and he put his finger in my ear. haha He was very cool looking.

42.jpg

We grabbed two taxis (they said they didn't have one to fit all 10 of us) to Paradise Beach.

43.jpg

Paradise Beach was BEAUTIFUL! So clean! So pretty! And it was empty!!

44.jpg

45.jpg

Us three ladies paid only the $2 for the lounge chairs. We hung out and watched the guys and kids play. They all paid the $12 each to use the slides, kayaks and snorkel gear. The weather was great when we first arrived.

48.jpg

Here's hubby sliding while the girls wait their turn.

47.jpg

We ordered some of the platter lunches (great Mexican food!) to share and ate on the beach. It was so pretty!

Then these storm clouds started rolling in. We grabbed all of our stuff and headed up to the covered roof bar. It started raining but there was no lightning so we went swimming in the pool.

46.jpg

49.jpg

Save the BEER!

50.jpg

We stayed for awhile longer but wanted to squeeze some shopping in back at the port before the ship left. So we changed our clothes and grabbed taxis back. It was still overcast and drizzling a bit on and off, but that didn't stop us from shopping!

The Cozumel port is very nice! Nicer than I thought it'd be. Everything is so clean and pretty! The shops are very nice. Got some great vanilla, a shot glass and a charm for my bracelet. Some of the shops are pricey though. We found fake Oakley sunglasses for $38 that we didn't buy (we found them in Belize for $15) and some guy's necklaces made out of seeds for $18 (they were $5 in Roatan). So you may not want to buy all of your stuff here at the first port in Cozumel. I'm glad we waited a couple of days and found better deals. We did get some nice bracelets in the big shopping mart. (3 for $15...the girls loved them!)

54.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

Here we are at the Three Amigos restaurant right before you take the pier back to the ship.

55.jpg

56.jpg

Since we didn't really eat a big lunch, we grabbed burgers & fries when we got back on board from the Unicorn. They weren't too shabby. So we decided to catch the family friendly comedy act and then head to a late dinner. Well there was some confusion about the time the show started. I read the FunTimes wrong and thought the show started at 7:00pm. So we go to the Firebird and I ask the guy "Is this the 7pm show?" and he verified. And I swear I saw a sign outside stating the show was at 7pm. So we sat down and waited. Needless to say, we were the ONLY ones there.

57.jpg

So the lights go down, the guy announces the comedian (Jimmy Carroll) and he starts by making fun of the size of the crowd. haha Since we're the only ones there, he starts talking to us. Apparently, the show was suppose to be at 7:45. We offered to come back, but he said not to worry about it, he was already on stage. He asked us to come sit in the front row since he couldn't see us. So we got our own personal comedy act! It was great! He asked the kids their names, what they liked about school. He catered his act just for us and made up jokes on the spot. He was pretty funny and it was neat having the one on one attention from the comedian.

So then off we go for a late dinner. Here are the kids with Nancy. (She was like a "hostess" that seated us every night.) She was awesome! We commented on her lovely headband one night so every night she wore a different one for us since we liked them so much. She always came over and hugged us and asked how our day was and if we were enjoying our cruise. She was great!

63.jpg

Here we are with Edwin, our server that we always requested. I can't say enough about how great and nice he was! We just loved him.

58.jpg

Food was great tonight!

Here's the Fresh Fruit Cocktail:

59.jpg

Here's the Black Bean soup:

60.jpg

Prosciutto Ruffles over melon:

61-1.jpg

A Study in Sushi:

62-1.jpg

Apparently I forgot to take any photos of the rest of the food!!

I had the Jerked Pork Loin which was awesome! Four in our group had the Penne Mariscos which was pasta with seafood. They really didn't care for it too much and one person really didn't like it and it didn't agree with her. For dessert I had the Strawberry Cheesecake which was pretty darn good.

It was late and we had an early morning for Belize tomorrow so off to bed we went!

Archived