1st time crusing with kid, Carnival specific questions!!!

lovincrusin4eva

I know some will say that we should go to family board but I would love Carnival answers ;) Ok, DH and I are seasoned cruisers but have never taken our 4 yr old son with us. We are sailing on the fascination in 2.5 weeks. Our son is very social but he is not in daycare or anything and I stay home with him. We are a little worried about camp carnival.

1) Has anyone left their kid (who is not used to being left) at camp carnival, how did the counselors do? Were they able to help them get comfortable?

2) Do they have kids menus in the MDR?

3) do they have a seperate muster drill for small kids/ families (I dont want him to freak out :eek:)

4) Does anyone have a pic of a bunk bed in a room, I cant find one and when we show him the pics of a regular room he thinks he will be sleeping in our bed. I would like to prepare him, he's never been in a high bed!

5) do they sleep at camp carnival when it gets late (like after 10 or 11)?

It will be a Halloween cruise; will all the kids dress up? will they have camp carnival halloween activities? trick or treating?

I know I am a bit overprotective but we are VERY routined and scheduled at home and I just want to get in front of any meltdown situations so we can have a fun, relaxing trip! Thanx for any help!!

Our daughter is almost 3 and goes to daycare for 45-50 hours a week. She REFUSED to go to Camp Carnival after she was there for a few hours the first day. We went to pick her up and she was crying walking around with no pants, diaper, or panties on. She wet herself and they just stripped her down and set her loose. My concern with them is they refused to comfort the children or take care of them. They had the attitude that they were there to watch them, not take care of them.

There is a kids menu in MDR, it's stuff like pizza, nuggets, burger, and desert items.

Bunk beds are over the couch, not too high up, about 5' up.

As said before, the staff was bad and uncaring.

1 muster drill, it sucked having to hold her for that long. They crammed us in a small hallways 4 deep and we couldn't see the person demonstrating.

Our daughter is almost 3 and goes to daycare for 45-50 hours a week. She REFUSED to go to Camp Carnival after she was there for a few hours the first day. We went to pick her up and she was crying walking around with no pants, diaper, or panties on. She wet herself and they just stripped her down and set her loose.

Odd. You had a pager, right, because of her age? They didn't page you? I can see how they wouldn't have anything to put her in...they don't stock extra clothing or diapers or underwear. I'm just surprised they didn't page you.

Odd. You had a pager, right, because of her age? They didn't page you? I can see how they wouldn't have anything to put her in...they don't stock extra clothing or diapers or underwear. I'm just surprised they didn't page you.

They were out of pagers on the first day. Day 2 they gave us a cell phone but she refused to go back.

I'd rather her stay in her pee soaked pants than walk around naked.

They were out of pagers on the first day. Day 2 they gave us a cell phone but she refused to go back.

I'd rather her stay in her pee soaked pants than walk around naked.

I can see how you might feel that way. But I'm also pretty sure there may be some health code and sanitary issues with that. Although there were probably sanitary issues with her sitting on furniture being naked as well. I don't see a winning scenario on anyone's part in this one. But it's definately a "first" as far as things I've heard about CC.

1) Has anyone left their kid (who is not used to being left) at camp carnival, how did the counselors do? Were they able to help them get comfortable?

yes, and my little one LOVED camp carnival so much, when i would go to pick her up, she would freak out and be so sad.

2) Do they have kids menus in the MDR?

yes, and if they dont like what the choices are, or prefer a meal that's on the adult menu they will make it in kid size if you just ask!!

3) do they have a seperate muster drill for small kids/ families (I dont want him to freak out :eek:)

no, but he's too young to know whats going on too... and now they dont make ppl wear the life jackets, its just another boring adult thing.

4) Does anyone have a pic of a bunk bed in a room, I cant find one and when we show him the pics of a regular room he thinks he will be sleeping in our bed. I would like to prepare him, he's never been in a high bed!

yes, under the miracle 2010 pictures, there should be at least a few of the bunk set up... if he's never been in a high bed, id look into having him sleep on the couch, while there is a side rail, i dont' let my little one sleep up there (she's seven now, and still i wont let her) since its a huge drop, and thats one way to ruin a vacation.

5) do they sleep at camp carnival when it gets late (like after 10 or 11)?

yes... they will set them up with blankets and stuff on the floor and watch movies... my little one has a blanket and pillow she always uses, so when i know im gonna be out late, i make sure to bring that with her so she can sleep on that.

we're also very routined... the biggest thing i've learned is eat at the "normal" times.... late lunches or dinners do not make for a happy kid who is used to eating at a certain time.

Archived