11:15 flight

travelinteach

Can I make an 11:15 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale with my port being Miami???

I think that's cutting it a little too close. Fort Lauderdale is a very busy airport so you need to be there by 9:15 for an 11:15 flight.. It's about an hour from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, so you'd have to be off the ship and into a shuttle or taxi by 8:15. It's do-able, but if the ship is late or there are traffic problems, you could miss your flight. I'd opt for a later flight. Nancy

The CBP at POM tend to take longer inspecting when returning from the Western Caribbean.

Also, another factor to consider is how many ships are in port for both POM and Everglades.

I see you are sailing April 1-8

At POM on the 8th there will be 4 ships.

At Everglades on the 8th there will be 5 ships.

IMHO 11:15am is cutting it very close I believe CCL recommends 12noon but I think with all those ships even that may be too early.

Can I make an 11:15 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale with my port being Miami???

I think you'll be fine. If you arrange to be one of the first ones off the ship, you can make it to FLL in plenty of time. We have done this before. We left the ship in Miami at 9:00 and were at FLL by 9:30. We will be doing it again in a few weeks.

I think that's cutting it a little too close. Fort Lauderdale is a very busy airport so you need to be there by 9:15 for an 11:15 flight.. It's about an hour from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, so you'd have to be off the ship and into a shuttle or taxi by 8:15. It's do-able, but if the ship is late or there are traffic problems, you could miss your flight. I'd opt for a later flight. Nancy

POM is NOT and hour away from FLL. In traffic, it took us 25 minutes.

I'm not as experienced as some others. But I can tell you our experience.

We were on the Freedom coming back to FLL on Oct 2nd. Our ship was rerouted on return because of a medical emergency. I think it only put us out of route by about an hour and a half. It may have been longer. I'm not sure. It was the middle of the night & I went to sleep. Anyway, it made a difference coming back to port.

Our flight was at 12:45. With 8 days at sea & 3 people, we had too much luggage to do the self assist. But even with the early departure Zone 2, we didn't make it to the FLL airport until 11:00. That was in plenty of time to make the 12:45 flight. Any earlier and I would have been a nervous wreck! But I'm more than willing to admit that that might be the inexperienced traveler in me ;)

Alicia

I came off the Valor on 9-25-11 using Southwest Airlines and had a 11:35am flight. Used SAS transportation and this is what I did. On debarkation day go to the Ivanhoe Theater at 7:00am with your luggage, I used self assist. Maybe I was lucky but they called for self assist about 7:15am and I was done with customs at 7:25am. SAS asks that you call them just before you go to customs and they will tell you where to meet the van when you are finished with customs. The driver was there in about 5 minutes and the cost was $15.00. I was at FLL airport at 8:20am. I had a 3 hour wait until my flight. Maybe this is not the norm but that is exactly what happened to me that Sunday. :D

Can you make it - ---Yes, Should you chance it - ---No. Too many things have to line up for this to happen and given that - one thing a miss and you wont make it. If your a risk taker and you can also afford to miss your flight if something happens - then go for it. Dont blame anyone but yourself if you do miss your flight!!!! Youve been warned. And if you do make your flight - Yea for you!

You will have no problem making it if there are no significant delays. The key word is DELAYS. Me, I prefer not to put that kind of pressure on myself and usually enjoy an extra relaxing day in Florida and fly out the next day.

I have taken the self assist on several occasions and have been to the airport in the 9am hour. It's tough to anticipate unforseen problems, but if your flight is late afternoon it stinks to sit in an airport for multiple hours waiting to go home. When my cruise is over I just want to get home, unless I stay another day to relax on land, lol...

Archived