Drink Coupons

kam2718

Wouldn't it just be easier to put the money on your S&S before you sail? why go thru all the hassle of having to remember to take the coupons with you?

In the past- i would keep the coupons inside my camera case- The camera was always with me.

Purchase yourself some Fu ship dollars and have it placed on your account. Once my cruise is paid for, I plan on doing this as it will lower my expenses on the cruise!:). Tips are bring pre-paid, so anything I place on my account is for spending!:D

Quick question, If I do buy some drink coupons and I don't use them all, can I just use them on our next cruise. I mean they don't have an expiration date on them right?

No expiration date.

Have used some that are a couple years old.

To all that says there is no savings, you save about 86 cents per drink so to me there is a savings.

We're just off the Pride today and we had pre-purchased the drink coupons. They will be delivered to you your first night in Normandy. If you don't go to Normandy the first night, you will need to see the Maitre D' during Normandy's open hours and they will give them to you. You'll have to sign that you received them.

As others have said, they don't cover the entire cost of the drink of the day, but they do cover the cost of anything else. We booked our cruise a year and a half ago and I purchased the coupons every few months -- just as others mention as a way to offset my bar bill at the end of the cruise.

No expiration date.

Have used some that are a couple years old.

To all that says there is no savings, you save about 86 cents per drink so to me there is a savings.

Hence the original reasons I purchased some coupons in the first place!

We got tons of drink coupons for our first cruise- they sold for 4 for 15.00

I used these for quite a bit of cruises after that one-- even when the price went to 4 for 19.99. (i stocked up again with those too)

used them even when the price went to 4 for 22.00. No longer the deal that it used to be--so I will not be buying them again.

No expiration date. You can use them for other cruises

We got tons of drink coupons for our first cruise- they sold for 4 for 15.00

I used these for quite a bit of cruises after that one-- even when the price went to 4 for 19.99. (i stocked up again with those too)

used them even when the price went to 4 for 22.00. No longer the deal that it used to be--so I will not be buying them again.

No expiration date. You can use them for other cruises

4 FOR $15.00!?!?:eek: Man I missed out. Maybe I should stock up on these before they become 4 for $30.

You can also save about $0.80 per drink depending on the final cost because the 15% gratuity is already built-in to each coupon.

Exactly. They work great. A regular size drink such as a "Captain Morgan and coke or a beer" which is about one shot and rest with coke = one coupon. No need to add extra monies or tip. It saves you a bit of money as you discrbe.

It's just the speciality and drinks that are really 2 drinks that you pay more with the coupon or give two coupons.

"Although your friends are going on a fabulous cruise "Without You!" you can still treat them to a drink. They'll definitely thank you for it! Bar credit contains 4 coupons. Each coupon is good for one drink not exceeding $5.75 gratuities included. This item is non-refundable and has no cash value. "

The $23 for 4 of them includes the gratuity. When you buy a drink for say $8.00, you pay with 1 ticket and are charged the difference plus gratuity. So $5.75 for the ticket + $2.25 for the difference and gratuity on the $2.25 which is 34 cents = $8.34 total . So $2.59 will go on your S&S card.

If you bought that same $8.00 drink on board without the ticket, you will pay $8 + $1.20 gratuity on the whole amount = $9.20. You are saving 86 cents per drink. (again based on an $8 drink - the savings would be higher or lower depending on the cost of the drink). Either way, you still have to sign that little slip, BUT the advantage for me is that we have prepaid the majority of our bar bill before we sail and it doesn't bother me or my DH to stick some of the tickets in our pocket to carry around with us. We leave them folded up on the card for 4 and rip one off when we need it. They also can be used next time if you don't use them all. I have a couple left I am taking in Nov along with the new ones I purchased.

You order them thru Bon Voyage and get them the first night in the dining room. Ask the hostess when you check in as you have to sign for them. (in YTD). In set dining I believe they bring them to your table.

Do not use them to purchase anything less than the face value, like a beer for $4.75, as you would be wasting money in that case.

There is no "coupon size" drink - we get the same size drinks as everyone else around us. Someone was giving you bad information.

Archived