Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

As of now I have the following;

Sister ships: Caribbean—Crown—Emerald—Ruby. (60 pictures for each ship)

Sister ships: Diamond—Sapphire. (52 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Golden—Grand—Star. (90 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Dawn—Sea—Sun. (0 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Coral—Island. (2 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Ocean—Pacific. (0 pictures of each ship)

And of course the new Royal Princess. (no pictures available yet)

As the Port side is 99.9% identical to the Starboard side on all the ships it makes sense to only post the pictures of either side although I do have them for both sides.

I like to say thank you to a lot of people that posted pictures before but like to mention especially “KOOLJAMMING” who apparently ran down some hallways to take a lot of pictures.

Disclaimer; Although I try to be as accurate as possible there is no 100% guaranty what you see is what you get.

Theo

So... How can we see these photos...???

Actually, the CB does not have the same layout as the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. She's a one off. FYI.

As someone who almost always books obstructed view cabins, I think this is a great idea. Thanks for doing this! I wish I had some photos to pass on, but I promise to take some on future cruises.

Thanks for pointing this out. According to the 2011-2012 Cruise Atlas they are all the same but in the new Cruise Atlas they changed it to the proper layouts (I hope).

Theo

I'm working on it to place them all in one place (see post #15 for more info).

In the mean time I can post some pictures if you have a specific cabin #.

Theo

Thank you for investing so much time in this project that will help so many of us out! Will contribute too, with pictures, when I can :)

Thank you for investing so much time in this project that will help so many of us out! Will contribute too, with pictures, when I can :)

My pleasure. I think by the middle or end of next week I should have something up and running. However, I could use a lot more pictures especially pictures of the Dawn-Sea & Sun Princess.

Theo

Do you have any pics of Grand E419, E504, & E506?

Here is the view from Golden E418 which has a similar view on the port side as Grand E419 has on the starboard side except the view is a reversed or mirror view over the rear of the small runabout boat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210566&d=1319590774

Here is starboard side Golden E503 which is a similar view as port side Grand E504 has but again is a reversed or mirrored view around the rear portion of a regular lifeboat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210567&d=1319590774

Edited by robtulipe

Here is the view from Golden E418 which has a similar view on the port side as Grand E419 has on the starboard side except the view is a reversed or mirror view over the rear of the small runabout boat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210566&d=1319590774

Here is starboard side Golden E503 which is a similar view as port side Grand E504 has but again is a reversed or mirrored view around the rear portion of a regular lifeboat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210567&d=1319590774

Thanks so much:D:D

We just got off the Emerald and were in cabin E609 starboard side and it is the same view as the Golden E503.

Carol

[ATTACH]210608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]210609[/ATTACH]

Here are 2 pictures of those cabins. Unless they are taken from different angles it looks like there is some difference.

Theo

If there is a photo from Caribbean Princess E 423 I would love to see it. We had a great view in E 421, but 423 appears to be much more obstructed. Thanks!

I looked at the deckplan and I do have a picture of E505 which is about the same location compared to the life boats as E423.

Theo

[ATTACH]210639[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]210640[/ATTACH]

It's a maintenance or storage shed. Here is the view from Crown Pr. E706 on the port side. Cabin E705 on starboard side has a similar view. Second shot is that area on Emerald Princess.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210748&d=1319766994

attachment.php?attachmentid=210749&d=1319766994

Edited by robtulipe

It's a maintenance or storage shed. Here is the view from Crown Pr. E706 on the port side. Cabin E705 on starboard side has a similar view. Second shot is that area on Emerald Princess.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210748&d=1319766994

attachment.php?attachmentid=210749&d=1319766994

Bob, it seems that you have a pretty good supply of cabin pictures. Would you mind sharing them with me either here or by email.

theog99 at telus dot net

Theo

Bob, it seems that you have a pretty good supply of cabin pictures. Would you mind sharing them with me either here or by email.

theog99 at telus dot net

Theo, I will email you a list of the cabin view shots I have and you can advise me which ones you don't have so I can email copies to you.

What a great idea! Do you have a picture of the view from E209 on the Grand Princess?

Here it is, I Have no idea what is hanging in front of the window. Anyway not a bad view for an obstructed.

Theo

[ATTACH]210853[/ATTACH]

Hi! We are booked on The Sapphire Princess, # E301, which has an "obstructed view". It is a "Handicapped" room, which my DH needs. We would REALLY like to know "what" we will be able to see/ or not see from our window...???... Other than getting some daylight into the room, will we be able to see anything when we look out...???... We would greatly appreciate any info.on this!!! THANKS, in advance!!! Rusty & Judy

Theo, I will email you a list of the cabin view shots I have and you can advise me which ones you don't have so I can email copies to you.

Thanks Bob looking forward to it.

Theo

Removed signature to save space.