Disney Oceaneer Club question??

laniriveira

I posted this also on the Disney Cruise board but thought I'd might find more input over here .... DH and I are thinking of booking the 7 day Mexican Riviera on the Wonder in March 2012. Now DS will be 5 at the time and DD will be 2 1/2 i know the age group for the oceaneer club say's 3 but do you think they would allow DD to go with DS into the club even though she is 6 months shy of her 3rd birthday? When we cruised Carnival they were together in Camp Carnival, DD is more comfortable if her brother is with her. Idk if DCL is strict or lenient with allowing me to put her there in Oceaneer Club rather than the Nursery.

They (and every other cruise line) are strict and the minimum age to be in the clubs is not negotiable. Sometimes they allow children to move between groups if they are very close (less than a month) to the next age group, but that isn't always allowed by any means. For the minumum age to be in the club, the cruise lines will not (and really cannot) make exceptions. If they made the exception for your child, then every other parent of a "he or she will be old enough in 6/5/4/3/2 months" child would reasonably expect the same. Then the age minimum would be meaningless. I believe, but am not 100% sure, that the age minimums are also tied to liability insurance, so allowing an underage child in could be an issue there as well.

Sorry, I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but in this case, the rules are the rules. You'll have to decide how much of an issue it will be for her and for you. If it's a dealbreaker, then it would be best to look at cruise lines with an age minimum of 2 (Carnival and NCL come to mind) until she turns 3.

beachchick

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on DCL when my younger daughter was 2-months to 3 years old. They allow her to join Oceaneer Club but need to make sure that she was properly toilet trained. Any one "accident" she will be back to Flounder's Nursury.

We sailed on DCL when my younger daughter was 2-months to 3 years old. They allow her to join Oceaneer Club but need to make sure that she was properly toilet trained. Any one "accident" she will be back to Flounder's Nursury.

That is quite surprising to hear. It's extremely unusual for them to make exceptions for anyone. Hope you had a great time.

beachchick

When DD was 2.5 we went into the oceaneer club the 1st day while it was open to just check it out and we were told she was more then welcome to participate. DD was potty trained, but they said if she wasn't it would have been my responsibility to check on her. She loved it!

DCL welcomes children under the age of 3 to participate in the kids clubs so long as they're FULLY potty-trained, show a willingness to be there (it can be overwhelming for any little), and the kids clubs are at capacity. Capacity means space for every child on the ship, not just how many kids are there at that time.

Archived