What has been your largest Table size

The largest table that I have been at was for 10. I really enjoyed it. We had 5 couples at the table. It was an oblong table so hard to talk with those at the other end, but we switched seats every night. It was a 12-night cruise and some nights we didn't sit next to our spouses so we were able to get to know everyone at the table.

lbryant,

I can understand that there are a limited number of tables that are large enough for your group, but I can't understand why RC would say they won't seat your group together. If not at a single large table, can't they find a table for 8 and 6 next to each other? If you think the 11-yr old won't join you, I'm sure they can get two tables of 6 next to each other. Is it fixed seating or MTD? With MTD, they might have a harder time getting tables next to each other since people come and go at will, like in a restaurant. With fixed seating, the tables are reserved for you.

You know that is a great question. I know that number is the number of people sitting at the table, but where the "top" came from would be interesting to know.

It is used in restaurant jargon...maybe because the "top" of the table is set for X amount of people???? Anyone know for sure? :confused:

You know that is a great question. I know that number is the number of people sitting at the table, but where the "top" came from would be interesting to know.

I believe it's just from "table top"

If not, that's my story & I'm sticking to it :D

12 -- 10 in our group and another young couple. The young couple did not return after the first night. We tried to include them in discussions but I'm sure they felt out of place. So we had a table for 12 with 10 people for the rest of the cruise -- nice and roomy. The worst was my 2nd Splendour of the Seas -- 7 people seated at a table for 6. There were 13 in our group, so we had 2 tables for 6 with 7 people squeezed at one of tables. This was very crowded. The only option was for 1 or 2 of us to totally leave our group and go to another table. We all stayed, but it was not really enjoyable -- no room to eat.

We had 10 on our last cruise. They were all very nice, but it was difficult to hear the conversation at the other end of the table, so the conversations were divided into the two halves of the table. I wished we had rotated seats to talk with the others.

Ive requested for my next cruise a smaller table. 6 or 8 seems ideal to me.

We had a table for 10 and squeezed in 11 family members. We did rotate seats and had the opportunity to visit with different family members each night.

On our previous family cruise, we had 2 tables for our group but one table was quicker than the other and each had a different waiter. If you need to use 2 tables, be sure to request the same wait staff (waiter and assistant) so you can rotate between the 2 tables, if desired.

I've found that they will do more for you on the boat than on the phone. Had a group of 82 and at first it was all hodge podge but the second night was perfect everyone together. No not at the same table but we took up a large portion of the floor!!! The only reason the first night was screwed up was because the group leader (yours Truly) had too many umm err adult based beverages and forgot to go talk to the matre' D!!

Just curious. What is the largest # of people you have ever been seated at a table with on your cruise with Royal Caribbean?

For me this is two different qustions. The most people I have been seated with was 8, with my wife and I included. The largest table size I was seated at was a table for 10 on our 3 day Majesty cruise. Nobody else showed up so we got it to ourselves all 3 nights.

For me this is two different qustions. The most people I have been seated with was 8, with my wife and I included. The largest table size I was seated at was a table for 10 on our 3 day Majesty cruise. Nobody else showed up so we got it to ourselves all 3 nights.

On our last two cruises where we had traditional dining (14+ days) we requested a large table. Both times we were seated at a large table but almost every night most of the seats were empty if not all.

Hence, we have now gone to MTD with a 7:00 reservation. Ironically, we have found that we end up eating with the same group of people as they fill the tables as you arrive and, they, too, have 7:00 reservations.

Tucker in Texas

8 is the largest we like to do, no matter the size of the group. A 10-12 or larger table, someone is left out of the conversation. It's nice to have tables next to each other, you can change seats every night if you wish. Serving staff doesn't mind at all.

The one and only time we had a group of 7 and had My Time Dining it was a disaster. It was a holiday cruise, we went to the desk in the afternoon to get reservations, it was either 6 pm or 8:30 pm. They try to get you to stay at the same table fir the week, but they put us at a table for 6 next to the serving station, we liked the servers, but no way. Every night was a different location, a couple nice tables, a couple horrid ones. We will stick to traditional dining with groups from now on.

I'm glad you asked this question because in making plans for our upcoming Xmas cruise on the Mariner, I sent an email to RCCL to confirm our family of 13 would be seated together (I noted that the last time the family cruised together we had a table for 12 with an extra chair and it worked out just fine). They responded that they don't have tables for 12, that the largest table is for 10 and that they would not seat us together. My travel agent is taking it up with management, but it's made us very anxious. It's good to hear that they, in fact, do have tables for 12. We're OK being off on the side or in a corner; we're ok being a little squished in (though the 13th person is my 11yr old who will likely leave the table early to go to the kid's area). One of the primary reasons for going on a cruise vs. a land vacation was so that the family could eat together. Given that it's a xmas cruise, I was nervous about trying to deal with it once we were on board.

Any advice on getting this done is welcome.

This may be due to the fact that on holiday cruises there are many more family groups than a typical cruise another time of the year. You would do better to split the group into 2 tables and request the same serving staff. You can switch seats every night.

Archived