Poll 1: Best HAL ship for Food in Main Dining Room

Pereiras

Poll 1: Best food on a HAL ship in Main Dining Room  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Poll 1: Best food on a HAL ship in Main Dining Room

Dear Sue,

Thanks for posting. Actually, you have hit the nail on the head. It seems that people either love the Zuiderdam food or really dislike it, like we did. This informal poll seems to indicate this... These results shouldn't alarm you. The Zuiderdam seems to be a lightening rod for both sides in general. Having said this, I have noticed that a number of the HAL main "supporters" on this board have not voted... perhaps that is a good thing, as what is left is a good representative poll of what people think.

This poll concerns me. The Zuiderdam is showing as the best ship for food on this poll, but on the Worst Food pool, The Zuiderdam is winning that too!

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the polling available here is not ideal. It is limited to 10 choices, and one button for each. That limitation, along with the notes on the Original Post have been noted. Please see original post on both the best food and the worst food poll which is

"""I do realize this is highly subjective, and perhaps based on only one cruise experience on HAL. """

I do understand your position on this, though with do respect, don't agree that these "board" limitations invalidate what people think. The poll is looking for people who are interested in presenting their opinion, and the very fact that many have voted, does indicate that they want to present their opinion. While you have been one of the strongest critics against my other thread ("roll eyes").. I hope you are enjoying the banter as much as I!

• 1 month later...

With all due respect, how can anybody give an educated opinion unless they have been on MOST if not ALLl of the ships listed ?? I have been on the Zui and was very happy with it, but how can I say it was the BEST if I haven't been on any others ??

If I was judging a beauty pageant and was only allowed to see 1 of 10 contestants, would my opinion of who was the most attractive mean much ??

I don't think so !!

With all due respect, how can anybody give an educated opinion unless they have been on MOST if not ALLl of the ships listed ?? I have been on the Zui and was very happy with it, but how can I say it was the BEST if I haven't been on any others ??

If I was judging a beauty pageant and was only allowed to see 1 of 10 contestants, would my opinion of who was the most attractive mean much ??

I don't think so !!

Thank you, that's what I wanted to say too. We were on the Zaandam and the food was very good, but it's the only Hal ship we have been on until this fall. We will be able to tell you about the Veendam after Dec. 10

I gave my uneducated opinion, since I've only been on Prinsendam. Had it not been for the fact that I was on it for 113 days I would have passed without voting.

True, it was a world cruise and there seem to have been some upgrades for that cruise that have since been downgraded. I still think that overall the quality and selection in the dining room were excellent. Individual dishes may have been overcooked, but that happens anywhere, including here at home.

My only complaint was that there were not enough steamed vegetables offered, and when I offered that in writing, the wait staff immediately began bringing around a platter of steamed broccoli and asparagus after our main course was served. More ships should do this.

Slinkie

Just returned from an Alaska cruise today on the Veendam. It was our first cruise with Holland America.

Just my opinion on the food on the Veendam.

The dining room....excellent

Lido....excellent

Room service....excellent

Archived