Poll 2: Worst HAL ship for food in Main Dining Room

Pereiras

Poll 2: Worst food on a HAL ship in Main Dining Room  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Poll 2: Worst food on a HAL ship in Main Dining Room

HI JC,

Actually, I posted 2 polls. One with the best food, and one with the worst. Objective here will be clear shortly, but it isn't what you think. Very hard to pose a scientific poll with pick from a list type polling available here.

Thanks for your comments though.

Outside of a HAL loyalist how could any normal poster participate in this poll? Since you would have to know who had the worst food on multiple ships. In other words, not only is the poll unscientific, it borders on the ridiculous. :D :p BTW, I hate polls... so I am going to vote that this is the worst poll this month, and I will nominate it for the worst poll of the year. It really needs to be considered for that prize! :p

jc

Actually, don't agree. Quite a few folks have been commenting on both polls. How about I try not to repost.. and let this poll run it's course.

I have seen you post a few times ekerr, and haven't had the opp to thank you for taking the time.

Regards,

I will 2nd you on this jc! I was hoping this would pass to page 2, but the OP keeps it up top!

You may wish to give Celebrity a try. I found that HAL and Celebrity had different strengths and weaknesses. Celeb's European style of service edges over into cold or even rude quicker than HAL's does. I found HAL to be a bit more relaxed, though no less classy. I have never tried Princess, but I'm so happy between HAL and X that it would take a knock-out itinerary to make me switch. My grandparents are long time cruisers and they say that Princess has come down quite a bit from the Sitmar days.

Cheers,

Friday

P.S. Checked out my local Trader Joe's for ports today but no crusted. It was a longshot anyways. The search will continue.

Now, I liked that analogy. Yes I'm tough. Won't be bullied. A nice tough though. Kind hearted I've been told. You are obviously referring to the other thread, which I don't and won't pull forward here. This is a simple poll.. both good and bad.. regarding HAL main food. That's all. Right now, the Zuiderdam is on top on both. Quite interesting, isn't it? Someone said that is a ship that either you love it or you dislike it. I don't know, if that is how this poll concludes, I would think this would be useful information. Also got some polarized views on the Ryndam... though some really love that ship.

I am sorry to put this thread on top, but I had to get in a comment. I am NOT some HAL fanatic, have never sailed with them before.

Pereiras my boy, down here on the bayou we have a term for what you are doing, it's "Evinrude in a cesspool". Buddy, my wife tells me I have a hard head........I think ya got me....

Hi Fridayeyes,

I am very sad to hear .. and not just from you.. Princess come down. We went most recently with them 2 years back. They were just great. Anyway, I won't post more here on them.. I don't want to get too far off topic here.. will save that for the Princess threads. I do appreciate your note about Celebrity.. which I will also consider.

It is always good to see if they have any good deals on Vintage Ports. I visit this store in Walnut Creek California when in San Fran on business. 3 years ago he sold me a 92 Fonseca Vintage.. for like $25. It is almost $200 now.. check out half bottle price: I still have it. http://www.winecommune.com/stores/item.cfm/storeID/29/lotID/596777.html

You may wish to give Celebrity a try. I found that HAL and Celebrity had different strengths and weaknesses. Celeb's European style of service edges over into cold or even rude quicker than HAL's does. I found HAL to be a bit more relaxed, though no less classy. I have never tried Princess, but I'm so happy between HAL and X that it would take a knock-out itinerary to make me switch. My grandparents are long time cruisers and they say that Princess has come down quite a bit from the Sitmar days.

Cheers,

Friday

P.S. Checked out my local Trader Joe's for ports today but no crusted. It was a longshot anyways. The search will continue.

Actually, I hope your cruise goes very well. Haven't referred here to the other thread, but curious.. have you sailed the Zuiderdam as yet? If not, curious as to how you might be qualified to discount my opinion. I certainly appreciate yours. Hopefully, they have dramatically improved the food.. if not, please save some Steak Chromaise for the HAL police!

Agree - worst poll of the month. It's that "horrific" yada yada yada from the OP's first post that makes this poll not very credible. Off to the Zuiderdam on Saturday!! Love it!

Thanks Imsulin. Hope your cruise goes very well. Would be interested to see if your experience 2 years ago is the same as the one you are about to go on. Hopefully, and sincerely, it is as good or better. Kind regards,

Yes, P. I was on the Zuiderdam a couple of years ago (May, 2003), and had no complaints. This will be my second cruise on her, and fifth on HAL.

After reading the highly conflicting results of the two polls mentioned, you can see how frustrating and confusing it can be for Cruise Line Management who read the Guest Comment Cards at the end of every cruise.

Typically 100+ Guests rate the food as the best ever served on a ship. Another 100+ Guests rate it as the worst food ever served on a ship.

50 or so claim that is was horribly bland.

50 others claim is was impossibly spicy.

75 complain that the portions are far too large.

75 complain that the portions are tiny.

50 say that the service is too slow.

Another 50 say they were rushed through dinner.

Some complain that the seatings are too early.

Some say they are too late.

Many say that the shows are too racy and suggestive.

Others say they are too tame and boring.

Many say the ship is too big.

Many say the ship is too small.

These mixed message responses go on through every part of the operation. At the end of it all, we just shake our heads, roll our eyes, and throw up our arms.

Is it any wonder that the Cruise Lines keep trying more and more concepts and off the wall ideas - trying to satisfy the Middle American Cruisers who cannot seem to make up their minds as to what they want and how they want it?

"Is it any wonder that the Cruise Lines keep trying more and more concepts and off the wall ideas - trying to satisfy the Middle American Cruisers who cannot seem to make up their minds as to what they want and how they want it?"

Do you think marinating the original poster's meat in chrome cleaner was one of those "off the wall ideas" from HAL?

Thanks for your post here too Bonnie. Expect your post was tongue in cheek and... didn't want to get into that here... but, even I don't think it was intentional, just for the record. What I do think is that they pre-prepared their food, and left it for a long time in a steamer/warmer which must have picked up the essence of what ever they used to clean... Voila!... "Steak Chromais du jour". Vraiment ce sas!

"Is it any wonder that the Cruise Lines keep trying more and more concepts and off the wall ideas - trying to satisfy the Middle American Cruisers who cannot seem to make up their minds as to what they want and how they want it?"

Do you think marinating the original poster's meat in chrome cleaner was one of those "off the wall ideas" from HAL?

O please:rolleyes: , I have kept away from these boards for a few days as they are becoming a little tedious especialy this thread and the one that started it all off I hoped it would all have fizzled out by now and am amazed to see it at the top of the list as I log on, this guy is answering every persons comments, thats not a question pereiras so please dont answer I think if we dont bother answering his questions or his polls then we can all get back to the topic we love most CRUISING, this may have already been said I have skipped two pages so I am sorry if it has, I for one will not be returning to this thread or any like it

Oh please:rolleyes: hey, thanks for posting. Oh Please :rolleyes: vote on the best food poll as well. Both sides represented here. Didn't realize that the HAL board had nominated additional staff to monitor the threads. Congratulations on your promotion!... and, thanks for bringing the thread to the top for a few more days! It's the effort of folks like you which have allowed more than 40 people to express what HAL ship they consider to have the worst food in the main dining room... and for that, I must sincerely thank you!

*with tongue firmly in cheek*

Actually, I would say that the favorite topic of the board is not cruising but

a) Why you must never even THINK of bringing a child on MY cruise, and

b) Why those who deign to wear jeans on formal night are unmitigated slimeballs who will be cast into the pit of outer darkness where they will wail and gnash their teeth.

Cheers,

Friday

• 2 weeks later...

I just game off of the Zuiderdam this past Saturday ( April 23rd ) my family all agree that the food was quite good it certainly was not "Horrific".

How can anybody that has been on one or even two HAL ships vote in this poll ?? Don't you have to have been on the "majority" of ships to have a meaniful opinion ?

This poll has little interest with me.

If you read the vast majority of the opinions recently about the food on the Zuiderdam the opinion that the food is "Horrific" apears to have little or no confirmation.

Your reasons for running this poll are of interest to me.

Archived