Sea glass beach-a warning and pics

cruisethesea

Hello all! we just returned from bermuda (sept 2011) and used the map to sea glass beach and made it there no problem! we did want to warn everyone that on the way there, about 3/4 of the way, once you begin walking past the private homes, there is a big scarey dog chained to his dog house right at the road:eek:! and you cant see him bc its behind some brush, but if youre on the right side of the road, youll end up right next to his head! it about scared my husband and i to death!!!!! he barked loudly but didnt get up, but still caught us off guard! otherwise, we were the only ones on this beach and enjoyed our visit! here area few pics of seaglass beach bc when i was looking for them i couldnt find any! plus one pic of the beautiful horseshoe bay!

SANY1498.jpg.76d6ddb1eb3187281290167215d0336c.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg.d3b245e422d91a5aebb2eda9386758bf.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg.d30caa86b06d97268862defafebf8061.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg.82e6d566eb4d67a0d9655dacb4e9e1b8.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg.06e5b0397b52c5c352e102924e1da40a.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg.37ddbdc0565dd49cb463da30f6bd3808.jpg

no, we enjoyed the walk and had been on the look out for dogs, but we just wanted to warn everyone that there was in fact a dog hiding behind some shrubs in the neighborhood area! and we found the bus system to be very slow and packed!-understandably! so walking was much easier!

A bus for either a route #7 or #8 is leaving the Dockyard every fifteen minutes, weekdays, starting at 8:05am until about 6:35pm. A #7 bus may be packed mid, to late morning with beach goers but the #8 wouldn't be. Just think how much more sea glass you could carry if you didn't have to lug it a mile back to the cruise ship.

SBtS

A bus for either a route #7 or #8 is leaving the Dockyard every fifteen minutes, weekdays, starting at 8:05am until about 6:35pm. A #7 bus may be packed mid, to late morning with beach goers but the #8 wouldn't be. Just think how much more sea glass you could carry if you didn't have to lug it a mile back to the cruise ship.

SBtS

SailBad, please check the other seaglass board post #109 for my reply to you, with regard to visiting the Veendam (May 6th) board.

SBtS

yes, we actually rode the bus back but i will say for anyone going, the walk is enjoyable and it was very peaceful and quiet! we felt like the only ppl on the island!! it was great quality time!

Archived