Any bad sky suites on the Millenium class ships?

LewiLewi

Are there any sky suites that one should avoid on the Millenium class ships and why?

We are trying to decide which SS to book and have no idea whether an S1 is better than an S2; whether there are problem cabins because of noise from lower entertainment deck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

The Celebrity Suites on the M class are in the bump out. They have floor to ceiling glass and are semi circular. The problem is with the sky suites that are adjacent. The balcony of the sky suites located next to the Celebrity Suites is semi private. If someone is standing at the Celeb suite window, they can look into your balcony on the sky suite. Of course, you can look into their suite. We were in one of these on the Summit. Maybe after the Celebrity suites are refurbished with balconies, this will not be an issue. They also left lights on all night which created light pollution into our room. Even when we politely asked for them to turn the lights out, they did not. However, the sky suite itself was very nice.

We have not had a SS next to a CS but have had 6154 and 6146 on the Summit. Both were wonderful, bigger balcony and a huge bathroom. We have 6145 on the Connie in Janurary. Will only cruise when we can get either one! They do adoin the PH so you do seem to get the Senior Butlers with great service, but no noise and a great cabin!

Enjoy!

Pat

The Celebrity Suites on the M class are in the bump out. They have floor to ceiling glass and are semi circular. The problem is with the sky suites that are adjacent. The balcony of the sky suites located next to the Celebrity Suites is semi private. If someone is standing at the Celeb suite window, they can look into your balcony on the sky suite. Of course, you can look into their suite. We were in one of these on the Summit. Maybe after the Celebrity suites are refurbished with balconies, this will not be an issue. They also left lights on all night which created light pollution into our room. Even when we politely asked for them to turn the lights out, they did not. However, the sky suite itself was very nice.

This link has been posted on another thread and it looks like the issue may be resolved once the balconies are added to the CS. http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=ML#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=CS&cabincls=D&shipCode=ML

Having said that, the butlers in the CS usually ensure that the blinds are pulled down in the CS at night so that the people next door are not disturbed by the lights and, in the CS, you usually want the privacy the blinds ensure.

Sue

This link has been posted on another thread and it looks like the issue may be resolved once the balconies are added to the CS. http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=ML#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=CS&cabincls=D&shipCode=ML

Having said that, the butlers in the CS usually ensure that the blinds are pulled down in the CS at night so that the people next door are not disturbed by the lights and, in the CS, you usually want the privacy the blinds ensure.

Sue

Maybe so but are the verandas to be added to the CS taking part of the CS current suite space or are they being added as an extension of the current space and extending the bump out? If the latter, would that become a partial obstructed view for those sky suites?

We have not had a SS next to a CS but have had 6154 and 6146 on the Summit. Both were wonderful, bigger balcony and a huge bathroom. We have 6145 on the Connie in Janurary. Will only cruise when we can get either one! They do adoin the PH so you do seem to get the Senior Butlers with great service, but no noise and a great cabin!

Enjoy!

Pat

I agree wholeheartedly with the recommendation for 6145/6146. This suite has an awesome bathroom (see pics in signature link) and great service!

Maybe so but are the verandas to be added to the CS taking part of the CS current suite space or are they being added as an extension of the current space and extending the bump out? If the latter, would that become a partial obstructed view for those sky suites?

Looking at the floor plan, I would say that they are NOT taking any suite floor space as the layout is still as I remember it and matches our photographs. However, there is no telling how accurate the floor plan is but one press release mentioned adding pre-fabriacted balcony units being added which, again, implies that the balconies will not be stealing any floor space.

I guess we will not know how they have been done until our next cruise on Infinity in 38 days. [Not that I am counting.]

Sue

Looking at the floor plan, I would say that they are NOT taking any suite floor space as the layout is still as I remember it and matches our photographs. However, there is no telling how accurate the floor plan is but one press release mentioned adding pre-fabriacted balcony units being added which, again, implies that the balconies will not be stealing any floor space.

I guess we will not know how they have been done until our next cruise on Infinity in 38 days. [Not that I am counting.]

Sue

I agree. It looks like they are adding them on as an additional appendage to the existing bump out. So I do think this will affect the view of the adjacent sky suites even more than they do today. We shall see.

Larry.

Archived