LAFFNVEGAS Says Aloha LIVE from the MS Oosterdam

LAFFNVEGAS

LaffnVegas, there was a poker players group and maybe another large group on your cruise. What impact (if any) did they have on the cruise, i.e., were certain areas closed to everyone else?

There was absolutely no impact at all. The Poker Players were in the Meeting Rooms on Deck 3 across from the Screening Room. I think they call them Half Moon Room and Husdon. So if you wanted to use those rooms yes but other than definitely would have no idea there were groups on board. But if you ask those that were playing Trivia everyday in the Crow's Nest they would complain about that Dam Cruise Critic group :D We took up the whole Captain's Corner way beyond our designated time and they wanted to sit where we were.

As for the Oosterdam stopping in yesterday I did receive confirmation that it was a medical evacuation!

I found out that it was actually a crew member that I know :o and they will be returning to the ship today. It sounded like it was a bit scary at the time but they are thankfully alright now.

I have done the Mexico run many times and it is actually rare not to make a medical stop in Cabo. I think only one cruise that I have been on that they did not. It actually makes it better for them to stop at Cabo last that way the person has a chance to reboard the ship on the return.:)

I know you're concerned about the poker group's impact on your December Oosterdam cruise. The group is again scheduled to meet in the two meeting rooms rather than any public bar, lounge, etc. I wouldn't expect there to be any great impact on other pax. My DH is a poker player, and we've taken the MR poker cruises several times. I've never seen behavior problems or any other issues that wouldn't be seen in any pax not in the poker group. There was a time when the Crow's Nest was the assigned venue for the games; that was a problem for others wanting to use it, which has now happily been resolved.

Patricia

p.s. - meant to thank Lisa for her wonderful day-by-day posts; it was very much like being there, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There was absolutely no impact at all. The Poker Players were in the Meeting Rooms on Deck 3 across from the Screening Room. I think they call them Half Moon Room and Husdon. So if you wanted to use those rooms yes but other than definitely would have no idea there were groups on board. But if you ask those that were playing Trivia everyday in the Crow's Nest they would complain about that Dam Cruise Critic group :D We took up the whole Captain's Corner way beyond our designated time and they wanted to sit where we were.
I know you're concerned about the poker group's impact on your December Oosterdam cruise. The group is again scheduled to meet in the two meeting rooms rather than any public bar, lounge, etc. I wouldn't expect there to be any great impact on other pax. My DH is a poker player, and we've taken the MR poker cruises several times. I've never seen behavior problems or any other issues that wouldn't be seen in any pax not in the poker group. There was a time when the Crow's Nest was the assigned venue for the games; that was a problem for others wanting to use it, which has now happily been resolved.

Patricia

Thanks Lisa and Patricia!

Yeah, I've heard about those Dam Cruise Critic groups... they can talk up a storm! ;) :D

Archived