What's The Advantage Of Booking Next Cruise on Board?

jtwanabe

Here ya go.. just read this.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

If you have a favorite TA, you have 30 days to transfer it to them after you get home and get the TA perks.

Seems like the only advantage is $50 OBC if you either book the whole cruise or put $100 down. Not much of an incentive. You would think they would do more to take advantage of unique situation.

Is it because you can get the difference in price fluctuation that makes it attractive. I confess I don't really understand all the dynamics at play. This is my 3rd cruise, 1st on Carnival, but the first I have handled myself.

My TA has been technically competent but not what I call looking out for me helpful. Not like I hear of from other forum folks TA.

BTW I'm on the 11-7-2011 Triumph. I'm a little worried about the Hurricane out there now. I'm sure it will be gone by then but what damage will it do to Cozumel beaches before it leaves.

OBC is the only incentive... Yes on a short cruise like a 5 day its $50 OBC, but its $50 free OBC so most people think free is worth it... no matter how much.

You used to have to mail them in, until lately (online still doesnt work well), so the postal for mail of close to $5 was subtracted from the $50, and singles just now getting the full amount. For $25 minus the postage, for a solo, we were not bothering.

Archived