Independence to sail from Port Everglades 2012-2013

So glad to hear the INDY is coming back to FLL..I have said on many of my posts that there would be a possibility in the future and I was keeping my fingers crossed...We have sailed 3 times on her 8 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary and was on her last one out of Port Everglades..She is my favorite ship..can't wait to book her..Sailed last March on 8 night LOS out of MIA...but it just wasn't the same...Welcome home INDY...:D

Please Please let Indy be replaced by Oasis class! The demand from Southampton is high so if the Explorer comes over it would be a lot less cabins for uk people to book so maybe loose some to other lines? Keeping everything crossed, :D

Won't be Oasis or Allure. First a terminal would have to be built to handle 12,000 passengers at once coming and going. Also ports would have to be upgraded to handle a ship that size. This will not happen in a years time.

Indys 8 night will include St Kitts instead of St Thomas which was on her original 8 night Eastern route..Thoughts on this as St Kitts is a new one for me ? When will her prices be released ? And I hope all the chatter about wanting her back will not send her prices sky high because then she would be competing with the Oasis/Allure...Would they really keep all three of those ships sailing out of PE or who would go and where ?

Indys 8 night will include St Kitts instead of St Thomas which was on her original 8 night Eastern route..Thoughts on this as St Kitts is a new one for me ? When will her prices be released ? And I hope all the chatter about wanting her back will not send her prices sky high because then she would be competing with the Oasis/Allure...Would they really keep all three of those ships sailing out of PE or who would go and where ?

The Indy isn't that much larger than the Navigator which is doing that itinerary this year. The Indy is just replacing the Navigator which is moving to NOLA.

At least she is only going over for the winter, she is back here in april. Also, sending over another freedom class kind of defeats the point of taking Indy away. Hopefully we will get one of the sunshine class when they arrive :D

That is what I was thinking the other day.

The Indy isn't that much larger than the Navigator which is doing that itinerary this year. The Indy is just replacing the Navigator which is moving to NOLA.

Sorry for being biased.. but..comparing the INDY to the Navigator won't work with the INDY fan club as it's not about the size ;):D

They sure were, I was on the last eight night, before she left, think you were as well.

Yes we were:)Maybe we will end up doing another together now that she is coming back......we are doing a 14 night'r on her next summer for DD's HS graduation.... she loves London.

Please Please let Indy be replaced by Oasis class! The demand from Southampton is high so if the Explorer comes over it would be a lot less cabins for uk people to book so maybe loose some to other lines? Keeping everything crossed, :D

Is the demand from S'ton really that high over the winter months, it's such a long cruise before you get anywhere warm, and the Bay of Biscay can be terrible

So glad to hear the INDY is coming back to FLL..I have said on many of my posts that there would be a possibility in the future and I was keeping my fingers crossed...We have sailed 3 times on her 8 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary and was on her last one out of Port Everglades..She is my favorite ship..can't wait to book her..Sailed last March on 8 night LOS out of MIA...but it just wasn't the same...Welcome home INDY...:D

I was waiting for you to show up on this thread!:D

No pricing yet and not yet listed on other sites. Also, departs on Thanksgiving Day which means airfare will be horrendous. Wonder if they ever think about things like that when planning:confused: and setting dates?:rolleyes: Obviously not.

I read the title of the thread and thought exactly that. I guess it would be a freedom class ship to keep in tune with the British market. Would be great if Oasis "nipped" over for a while :p

You really think that RCI is going to reposition Indy back home just to send another Freedom class ship back over to Britain? As for Oasis.... don't put any money on that move.:D

Its only going to be away 4/5 months from the UK, also in this timescale a wonder if they will upgrade it as well.............

I hope not. The last thing I'd like to see is a megawatt TV blaring over the pool deck all day and night.

Is the demand from S'ton really that high over the winter months, it's such a long cruise before you get anywhere warm, and the Bay of Biscay can be terrible

This is true, this is the reason she is going back overseas in the winter months, its too cold and not enough people travelling in the winter from the UK.

This is what they said when we were on her last month.

She is a lovely ship so be sad if she goes completely. Fingers crossed she continues to stay in the UK in the Summer.

This is true, this is the reason she is going back overseas in the winter months, its too cold and not enough people travelling in the winter from the UK.

This is what they said when we were on her last month.

She is a lovely ship so be sad if she goes completely. Fingers crossed she continues to stay in the UK in the Summer.

They need to put a ship with a covered swimming pool on it for the winter out of Southampton. Indie is just not the right ship for this weather (and neither is Oasis!).

Bring Brilliance to England...:)

Heard Indie will be back in Summer 2013 though.

They need to put a ship with a covered swimming pool on it for the winter out of Southampton. Indie is just not the right ship for this weather (and neither is Oasis!).

Bring Brilliance to England...:)

Heard Indie will be back in Summer 2013 though.

Indy will be back in SPring 2013, but I wouldn't mind betting she will be replaced with the first Sunshine Class, as rumour has it, they are being built with a covered solarium

Indy will be back in Spring 2013, but I wouldn't mind betting she will be replaced with the first Sunshine Class, as rumour has it, they are being built with a covered solarium

Problem is, I think they will keep the first sunshine for FLL, but the second one hopefully will be based in the UK. It would be a good idea to bring Jewel back in the winter, as she sails out of Harwich until September this year. Plus, the Radiance class has the covered solarium.

I just wish they would tell us more about the sunshine class!

Archived