Independence to sail from Port Everglades 2012-2013

Super excited. I have a NCC that's been burning a hole in my pocket. I'm going to attach that to an 8night within the next couple of days. Then do the standard checking prices everyday. If something better pops up I can always swap dates. Or get my price drop.

I think RCI need to take one of their ships which is based in the med and put it in Southampton with Indy in the summer. The demand is there, Indy is always fully booked during the summer, so having maybe transferring Mariner or even Liberty to support Independence would suck the passengers away from P&O Cruises, which is their main competitor, and has 7 ships out of Southampton in the summer. Southampton is only a few hours drive for the majority of the country, so cruising is insanely popular in the UK at the moment.

I know that Jewel sails out of Harwich (at least in 2012 anyway), but a Radiance class going to scandinavia won't sell nearly as well as a freedom class in the med when it comes to families in the school holidays.

Great news! It would be great if they opened up booking for the TA cruise this or next week, so I can book it onboard :p

Even if they didn't, couldn't you book a "Decide Later" NextCruise, and then book it when they opened up?

I read the title of the thread and thought exactly that. I guess it would be a freedom class ship to keep in tune with the British market. Would be great if Oasis "nipped" over for a while :p

Freedom and Liberty do not have heated pools. :-( The Water was very cold on the TA and in the Med. Indy is build für Europe and has heatet Pools. :-)

And for the current plants in the Central Park on the Oasis, the British cold is not good too.

Great to see Indy back for Transatlantic Cruises... :-)

Ron.

Now there won't be any ships out of Europe during the winter months. :eek: What Royal needs to be doing instead is pulling a ship or two out of Europe during the summer months when there are too many ships there.

Pulling Indy out of Europe is a bad idea? Apparently RCI and a few of us on these boards disagree with you. Indy is coming home and I, for one, could not be happier.

I'm thinking of booking the TA for next November. I've never cruised RCI but think it might be fun to do this cruise. I am curious (cautious) about what the seas might be like until the ship gets further south. Can anyone tell me what the seas are generally like coming out of Southampton in late November?

I love TA for the sea days, but don't want to book a cruise where I'll be tossed like a rag doll for most of the trip.

Thanks for any help.

Well im booked. Dec 8th 8 day eastern. Got a great hump room center. Right by the elevators. 8th floor. Pretty happy. After all my discounts $1480. Now I'll just watch for price drops.

the cheapest i can find is 899 E2 per person even with the diamond discount cant match your price. how did you so this? you are including taxes and fees?

the cheapest i can find is 899 E2 per person even with the diamond discount cant match your price. how did you so this? you are including taxes and fees?

Yep including all taxs. Called last night. Got a FL resident rate plus my D discount and all said and done it was $1480 before using my NCC for deposit

Yep including all taxs. Called last night. Got a FL resident rate plus my D discount and all said and done it was $1480 before using my NCC for deposit

there are no florida resident specials. those will never be put on a year in advance.

????:confused:

there are no florida resident specials. those will never be put on a year in advance.

????:confused:

Well that's what the lady on the phone said last night. And when I looked online before calling my price before discount was $2002 for en e2 after calling and the rep saying I got a FL discount it was $1700. After D balcony discount $1480. After deposit from my NCC I only owe $1280. She did have A LOT of problems during the booking. Had to put me on hold about 7-8 times because the system kept giving her all sorts of errors and issues. So maybe she screwed up idk. I just know what im paying. And that's for an E2 balcony room. 8638 dead center hump room.

Well that's what the lady on the phone said last night. And when I looked online before calling my price before discount was $2002 for en e2 after calling and the rep saying I got a FL discount it was $1700. After D balcony discount $1480. After deposit from my NCC I only owe $1280. She did have A LOT of problems during the booking. Had to put me on hold about 7-8 times because the system kept giving her all sorts of errors and issues. So maybe she screwed up idk. I just know what im paying. And that's for an E2 balcony room. 8638 dead center hump room.

It doesn't really matter what anyone here tells you that you don't have. You know what you got and it sounds pretty good!

really pleased for you but still trying to figure it out .did she take an extra 300 dollar deposit from you to equal a total of 500 deposit, that plus your FCC? then it would be almost correct. either way have a great trip.

really pleased for you but still trying to figure it out .did she take an extra 300 dollar deposit from you to equal a total of 500 deposit, that plus your FCC? then it would be almost correct. either way have a great trip.

No I received a FL rate. Plus my diamond balcony discount. And applied my NCC deposit of $200. Nothing else. No extra deposit. No charges to any go my card. Nada.

Archived