Tender process from Carib Princess

Bustersmom

Can anyone explain this process to me? I just assumed when time to be taken to different ports or princess cays by tender, everyone just went to a central location. Apparently you have to have a ticket? Where do you go to get a ticket? Then you wait to be called? Some posts have suggested this can take hours? Thanks for any help from past passengers who have actually experienced this process.

They will announce over the PA system where to meet. When you get there, Princess staff members will hand you a ticket with a number. Have a seat until your ticket number is called. I've never waited more than 20 minutes for my number to be called.

The only tender service on the Caribbean Princess (eastern itinerary) was at Princess Cays. Assembly took place in Princess Theatre with tickets handed out upon entering. I don't think anyone waited more than 20 minutes prior to being led to the tender gangway.

In anticipation of many passengers wanting to disembark early at Princess Cays, DH and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the dining room. It seems that leaving the ship between 10-10:30 and returning to the ship between 2-2:30 is less congested and there is less waiting for tender service.

Chris

The speed of the tendering process depends on the port, the length of the trip to shore, and the weather. Grand Cayman has local tenders that assist the ship's own boats, so the process goes quickly. If it is rough, it takes longer to load and unload. People booked on ship's tours always have priority, after that, there will be a ticket system until demand slacks off. When the lines get short, any latecomers will be sent directly to the tender pontoon.

Instructions will be posted in the Princess Patter the evening before reaching any tender port. Or, just ask a crewmember, they should be able to assist you.

On the CB sailing a couple of weeks ago, for Princess Cays, there were no tender tickets needed, at least at 9:15 AM--just directed to seats in the front rows of the Princess Theatre, and then shortly thereafter out of the theatre through the ship to the tenders. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Les

Archived