Dan Hanrahan - live webcast from Silhouette

lysolqn

Reprinted from Facebook:

Coming up Nov. 4 is another live webcast with Celebrity President & CEO, Dan Hanrahan. He’ll be on the decks of our newest ship, Celebrity Silhouette. What questions would you like him to answer about the ship? Let us know here and we’ll pick five to work into the webcast.

Would like to know Celebrities plans for the Northeast USA, particularly Cape Liberty, Bayonne?

It is my understanding the port was sold and that the new owners intention is to use the port for more super barge type ships. Channels and berths will be dug deeper, but will cruising continue past 2012 at the port?

Also, why doesn't Celebrity use Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal or the Manhattan Terminal. Seems NCL, HAL and Carnival have Manhattan locked up and Princess is the only one using Brooklyn although after next year that is also going the way of the dodo bird.

We need new blood in the NE!!

Yes, yes, yes, re more cruises from the northeast but interestingly, the Facebook entry specifically asks "What questions would you like him to answer about the ship?" - with "about the ship" seeming to be the operative phrase. I'm guessing questions other than those pertaining to "the ship" will likely be passed over.

We have very little on the West coast. The only 7 nts. are Alaska in the Summer. Have alreay done this cruise 3 times. All others are 14nts. It takes us 14 hrs. to get to Fll or Mia. as there are no nonstops . We can be in Europe in the same amount of time. I would be thrilled if I only had a 2 or 3 hour flt. to get to a Celebrity cruise.

I still do not exactly know what this change is/was that was suppose to be announced in late September in the dining room...the way we receive our food?

Also::D what about the port of Kansas? Do we ever get a ship to depart from here?:D :D:D

I would also ask if there is any chance of a cookbook with the recipes of the foods in the Specialty dining venues?

I fell in love with the Peeketoe Crab/salmon/avacado/salmon appie.

I'd like to know why advanced bookings for restaurant specialty packages cannot be made in advance. We are sailing in March on the Silhouette but cannot buy a package for multiple restaurants until boarding. perhaps iyts too labor intensive with too many changes after the ship sails.

Yes, yes, yes, re more cruises from the northeast but interestingly, the Facebook entry specifically asks "What questions would you like him to answer about the ship?" - with "about the ship" seeming to be the operative phrase. I'm guessing questions other than those pertaining to "the ship" will likely be passed over.

Okay, then ask Can the Silhouette ship keep leaving from the NE ports, as suggested maybe Red Hook?

I have yet to sail on one of the new ships' date=' but I am unhappy about the reports on poor storage space in the cabins. We prefer longer cruises and need drawer and closet space. I would like to know if there are plans to improve this situation.

Thank you.[/quote']

I agree. I think there was very inadequate storage space on the Equinox, and I suspect the Silhouette will be the same, based on pictures I have seen.

I agree. I think there was very inadequate storage space on the Equinox, and I suspect the Silhouette will be the same, based on pictures I have seen.

I used about 1/3 of the storage space. I travel alone but with 7 pair of shoes, 2 good sized pieces of luggage and a carry on. I also tend to "spread out" when I travel. I was prepared to make do but didn't have to. Had some empty drawers and cubbies left over.

Reprinted from Facebook:

Coming up Nov. 4 is another live webcast with Celebrity President & CEO, Dan Hanrahan. He’ll be on the decks of our newest ship, Celebrity Silhouette. What questions would you like him to answer about the ship? Let us know here and we’ll pick five to work into the webcast.

Via FB page has been moved up to the 2nd of Nov. :D

Reprinted from Facebook:

A purely selfish/not necessarily on the ship question as I am the planner for our group. Will X consider extended stays( over nights) in Scandinavia? Stockholm, Copenhagen for example similar to the overnight in St. Petersburg? Will X be reworking its Holyland itineraries?= I know its a matter of safetly-but this is a bucket list cruise- again would love extended port stays.

Carole

Would like to know Celebrities plans for the Northeast USA, particularly Cape Liberty, Bayonne?

It is my understanding the port was sold and that the new owners intention is to use the port for more super barge type ships. Channels and berths will be dug deeper, but will cruising continue past 2012 at the port?

Also, why doesn't Celebrity use Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal or the Manhattan Terminal. Seems NCL, HAL and Carnival have Manhattan locked up and Princess is the only one using Brooklyn although after next year that is also going the way of the dodo bird.

We need new blood in the NE!!

I'm so with you. Used Red Hook for Princess- probably the easiest embarcation I have ever had. Would love Manhattan pier. Metro North to taxito ahh I'm on vacation in a hour.

Carole

I still do not exactly know what this change is/was that was suppose to be announced in late September in the dining room...the way we receive our food?

Also::D what about the port of Kansas? Do we ever get a ship to depart from here?:D :D:D

I would also ask if there is any chance of a cookbook with the recipes of the foods in the Specialty dining venues?

I fell in love with the Peeketoe Crab/salmon/avacado/salmon appie.

As soon as the harbor is dredged out a little more :)

Celebrity always sailed out of the pier on 55th Street in NYC. They stopped sailing from that pier, which is right next to the Intrepid Museum, when Bayonne opened up. I don't know the rationale for that. I understand Carnival and Princess sail from Brooklyn and Cunard still uses the City.

Anyone have any more info?

Celebrity always sailed out of the pier on 55th Street in NYC. They stopped sailing from that pier, which is right next to the Intrepid Museum, when Bayonne opened up. I don't know the rationale for that. I understand Carnival and Princess sail from Brooklyn and Cunard still uses the City.

HAL, NCL and Carnival use the Manhattan Piers regularly, Cunard uses it when they are around. Princess uses Red Hook, Brooklyn and Celebrity and RCCL use Bayonne.

After next year Bayonne and Red Hook have no lines sailing. Right now, seems like Carnival is coming full steam ahead with multiple ships and NCL with their new ship into Manhattan.

Be interesting to see what Celebrity, Princess and Royal are planning for 2013. Just hoping I'm pleasantly surprised, this could go bad. Then again, Europe isn't working for the cruise lines either, maybe the NE will get deserved attention.

Pat from my understanding RCI gave NYC and ultimatum put some money into the NYC port or they were taking their ships (Celebrity and Royal Caribbean) and leaving. Since NYC did not have any intentions of putting money into those piers RCI left NYC. Of course going to Bayonne, is like going from bad to worse, except maybe it's cheaper for RCI to operate out of Bayonne, than NYC. Bayonne is certainly not a great "destination" in and of itself.

Although there is one advantage to Bayonne, the traffic at the pier is never anywhere near as bad as in NYC. In NYC it can take 45 minutes to get off the exit ramp of the West Side Highway just to get to the terminal. I could walk faster.

Hi Everyone,

I've been advised that if you would like your questions to be considered for Celebrity's Q & A with Mr Hanrahan, they should be posted on Celebrity's Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/#!/celebritycruises

I suggest looking for their October 27th post (it's the one with Mr Hanrahan's photo) and comment on that post. You are more than welcome to continue the discussion here, but there's no guarantee your question will be considered.

Mr Hanrahan's live chat is scheduled for November 2nd. If I hear further details, I will post on this thread.

Archived