Dinner Reservations on Epic

lbrandon

I'm getting ready to book my cruise on the Epic this spring and I have one question about pre-booking dinner and show reservations. Do I have to book my cruise directly through NCL to be able to pre-book dinner and show reservations or can I book my cruise through another website and still login to ncl.com to make reservations? I'd rather book through American or United Airlines' cruise sites because I get miles for booking through them but don't want to lose the ability to pre-reserve dinners and shows.

Just make sure when you book reservations on My NCL that you get a confirmation. We thought we had reservations for Blue Man Group, but when we got there they did not have them. Fortunately the ship was not full, so we got it but had to stand in line for a bit.

They don't take reservations for the Manhattan Room and Taste, the two main dining rooms. They will give you a buzzer and that will tell you when your table is ready. We found the Garden Buffet was excellent, and ate most of our meals there since there was a wide selection.:eek:

Not sure how things are now but last year when we were on the Epic, we booked EVERYTHING prior to going and found that once we were on board, there was always places open EXCEPT for the Cirque show. It was the only one that was always booked up. If (when) I go on the Epic again, I'll just play it by ear and book once on the ship for whenever it strikes our fancy (other than the cirque show of course). :)

Not sure how things are now but last year when we were on the Epic, we booked EVERYTHING prior to going and found that once we were on board, there was always places open EXCEPT for the Cirque show. It was the only one that was always booked up. If (when) I go on the Epic again, I'll just play it by ear and book once on the ship for whenever it strikes our fancy (other than the cirque show of course). :)

Mitsugirly makes a good point that you don't really need to reserve the restaurants, except for Cirque. We noticed that even when the online reservation system showed no availability in a restaurant, when we actually got to the restaurant, there were vacant tables, obviously held for walkins. Having said that, many of the actual SHOWS were sold out and had no available seating for walkins....such as Cirque, Blue Man Group, and Second City. My opinion is that Cirque should be a show and not a dinner show. Take a hint from that.....

Archived