booking a cruise

messymarie

when you book a disney cruise is it best to go to a travel agent or book with disney?

Go with whatever you're comfortable with.

Some people prefer to book themselves, so that they can keep control of all aspects of thier cruise. Others prefer a TA, especially if it's thier first cruise to make sure that all the bases are covered.

One word of advice, if you use a TA, be sure that they are knowledgeable about Disney cruising, not just cruising in general.

:)

Even though I did all the research and decided what cruise we wanted, what room we wanted, etc., we still used a TA. Reasoning behind that? Perks. Some TAs can get you perks. We were offered $25obc through Disney. Going through a TA, we got $125obc, because the TA kicked in $100.

I recommend finding a good TA (I met mine on Twitter and talk to him daily!) and becoming friends with them! They can keep you up to date with deals, sales, etc.

"Best" can different things to different people.

Best as best information and step by step planning?

Best as beat total price?

Best as building a longterm vacation planning relationship?

Once booked and paid, Disney won't care one bit whether you paid extra thru a high priced TA, wherehouse based TA, or internet TA, or booked directly.

when you book a disney cruise is it best to go to a travel agent or book with disney?

Always use my TA..........& there is NO CHARGE........he gets me perks I could not get w/cruise line or other sites & if we find sites that offer discounts....well, he matches w/OBC if need be. Last year, 6 of us not only changed cruise lines after booking but our cabins 4 times...........w/no problems. He keeps an eye on cruise prices & deals & if the one we have booked comes down....he gets us the lower price or matches w/OBC equal to reduction.

I feel very comfortable w/him & all his agency does is cruises(although they will help w/airtravel/hotels, etc.)...he has been in business for over 20 years....always available.....at any time day & night...:)

Archived