Tips For Enjoying Merida

jtwanabe

I don't want to spend so much of my day driving to the ruins. I'm planning on going to Merida and have a nice meal and walk around.

Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

FYI - A couple of years ago we went on this cruise with a bunch of teens. I made them wake up early, take the bus, and go to chichen itza. They complained, but slept on the bus for most of the way there. These teens are now young adults and they still talk about climbing those pyramids! They agree this is one of the best excursions ever and have wonderful memories. That being said, Merida is a beautiful colonial city. There is a fabulous market and beautiful architecture. You can take a city tour on one of the carriage rides and eat lunch at one of the many delicious restaurants. Enjoy your cruise.

I don't want to spend so much of my day driving to the ruins. I'm planning on going to Merida and have a nice meal and walk around.

Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Kind of off topic but worth mentioning if you are a reader. "The Sacred Well" by Antionette May is and excellent book- part non-fiction and part fiction. The book takes place in Merida and the surrounding area and gives some wonderful insight into Merida, the surrounding Ruins and Cenotes and the people of this area. After reading the book it made me want to book a cruise that had Merida on the ininerary. http://www.thesacredwell.com/

:)

OP: You can catch the public bus to Merida for $3.00 US round trip. It will let you off about a block from the main square. A lot to do within walking distance, churches, museums, restaurants and bars all around the area. Check out some of the side streets for some unique shopping. Don't worry, Merida is a very safe city full of very friendly and helpful people if you need any directions or assistance getting back to the bus station.

Archived