La Ramona excursion for cruisers offered by Seavis

blue_water

Sorry, misspelled La Romana!

I asked Seavis for a description of the excursions they offer that fits the Carnival Freedom docking time in La Ramona (9AM - 5PM when we're there on April 10), their recommendation is below and there are photos in the attached link. Great reviews on TA, many are frrom people staying at resorts and taking the ful day tour but there are some for this specific cruise ship tour.

Our Saona Special (follow the link please) fits the time table of Carnival. We leave Bayahibe around 09:45am - 10:00am and we return at 03:45pm. The Saona Special is a shared tour with other people, we take max. 26 people. If you come with a group you can book this tour as a private tour (please email me). This excursion will take you along the various highlights to the island of Saona. And the tour has something for everybody: some snorkeling, nature, artisan shopping, beach time and a nice lunch. All with an incredible scenery. The costs for the Saona Special are $65pp, children < 12 years pay $32.

The price includes all drinks, snacks, lunch, english guiding and the use of the snorkel equipment. Bear in mind we'll need a minimum of 12 adults in order to run the tour. Normally this is not a problem......

The taxi fare from the cruise port to Bayahibe (25 minutes) and back will be arranged by "TAXI CASA DE CAMPO". As soon as you leave the ship you'll see the coordinator with a sign of the taxi association. Please report to the coordinator and she will make sure you will be in the proper taxi. The costs for the round trip taxi fare is $15pp, payable in cash to us. We'll then pay the taxis.

The payment for the tour is also in cash (us$, Euro, Pesos; no cards) on arrival in Bayahibe. You can simply reserve places by email. If you agree with the above, please let me know, I'll send you a voucher.

I hope to hear from you soon,

kind regards,

Alexander

I emailed them asking for the same info & received the same response. It seems like a great tour, there was a CCer who posted about here experience with Seavis & she loved it.

I'm really considering doing it, we're there in May, but coming back in @ 3:45pm seems a bit late, doesn't it? Scares me a bit.

The taxi ride is 20 - 25 min so any mechanical problems would not be good. But I'm sure they have it down since it's geared toward the cruise ship.

There are a few options offered through the Carnival excursions (Saona, Catalina Island excursions) if you decide this one is too close for comfort.

I'm pretty sure we'll do this one through Seavis. Looked at the excursions offered by Carnival & they're a bit too pricey for me.

Hopefully, someone else does this before I sail & posts a review.

Frequent Floater did just that on the Carnival forum, that was where I first found Seavis.

Here is an update from Seavis Tours that I received today:

We have a group of 14 booked with Seavis Tours for the "Saona Special" in January. I emailed Alexander today about the ending time of the tour as many on these boards (including myself) have expressed concern about the tour not getting back to Bayahibe until 3:45pm and we have to be back on board by 4:30pm for a 5:00 departure and it's a 25 min. taxi ride from port to Bayahibe. Alexander immediately emailed back and thanked me for the information because he had no idea that this was a concern for cruisers. I told him I would be much more comfortable with a 3:15 ending time and he agreed to change it. In fact, he's renamed it the "Saona Carnival Special" and has catered it specifically to Carnival guests and has changed the ending times on his website. I don't think I'm allowed to give the link to the website but if you google Seavis Tours Bayahibe it will show up. In addition, he has pre-arranged our round trip transportation with the taxi company and there will be a lady with a sign waiting for us at the gate to take us to Bayahibe. The price for the roundtrip van transportation is $15 pp and we pay Seavis Tours and he'll pay the taxi. If you have any questions, try emailing Alexander @ seavistours@yahoo.de He's been extremely helpful so far and quick to respond. I will post lots of pics and a review of this excursions when I return in January.

I just booked a private tour with Seavis for April 10th. There will be 16 of us on the tour and we will be going to Piscina Natural, Mano Juan and Canto de la Playa (we wanted to try a few different stops than what was offered by the Saona Special tour). We will leave around 9:45-10 from Bayahibe and be back to Bayahibe at 3:45. Seavis has been very responsive and helpful with all my inquires as I've made arrangments for this tour. We are looking forward to this trip as we have read many good things about this tour company.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got home from our cruise on Carnival Miracle and we did the Saona Special and it was worth it. There were only 6 of us and it was the highlight of our cruise. Carlos is a wonderful guide and we all had fun. The lunch was very good and we paid extra for the lobster. The snorkling was just ok but the tour was very informative. I would highly recomend this tour to any one.

We just got home from our cruise on Carnival Miracle and we did the Saona Special and it was worth it. There were only 6 of us and it was the highlight of our cruise. Carlos is a wonderful guide and we all had fun. The lunch was very good and we paid extra for the lobster. The snorkling was just ok but the tour was very informative. I would highly recomend this tour to any one.

Thanks, very helpful!

• 1 month later...

I noticed you have to pay an extra $15 pp for the round trip taxi. Anyone know if that includes children. I am looking at booking this tour and will have children in my group ages 2, 4, 7, 9. I am wondering if the kids, especially the 2 younger ones would have to pay the $15 taxi fee. Has anyone taken kids on this tour? Is it even ok for kids?

hey quick silly question I read on one of his reviews that he had a big snake and spider that he brought out for pictures is this true? I am terrified of both so wanted to know before I go

I'm pretty sure we'll do this one through Seavis. Looked at the excursions offered by Carnival & they're a bit too pricey for me.

Hopefully, someone else does this before I sail & posts a review.

Please let me us know if you go with Seavis. We have a large group going on the same Itinerary as you in October and not familiar with any of the ports except Grand Turks. Curious what your thought will be!

hey quick silly question I read on one of his reviews that he had a big snake and spider that he brought out for pictures is this true? I am terrified of both so wanted to know before I go

This is true. We just got back. He does have a tarantula and a Boa and at the end of the tour he brings them out and allows you to hold them and take pics if you want. I didn't but a few in our group did! It's a huge beach...just walk away and you don't have to be anywhere near them!

DSCN3391.jpg.971b61c0972ee355502b0458133e93a8.jpg

Hello,

Are you required to wear life jackets while on the boat? All the pictures so people wearing them.. Just curious. Safety first!

We just got back....Loved this trip and it was our favorite day of the cruise! Yes you are required to wear your life vest.

I noticed you have to pay an extra $15 pp for the round trip taxi. Anyone know if that includes children. I am looking at booking this tour and will have children in my group ages 2, 4, 7, 9. I am wondering if the kids, especially the 2 younger ones would have to pay the $15 taxi fee. Has anyone taken kids on this tour? Is it even ok for kids?

We had 4 children in our group (11, 10, 9, 6) and they loved the tour. They loved the beach at Saona Island and even our 6 yr.old nephew was able to snorkle. Carlos the guide will take the young kids out and help them. Their favorite part was the Natural Pool where the water was only knee high and we all searched (and found) many starfish! But to answer your question, yes we did have to pay the $15pp charge for each kid. Maybe if you held the 2 and 4 year old, you could avoid the fee but I would ask Alex at Seavis because I don't know for sure.

Archived