Princess iphone app??? use onboard???

only1deejay

Does princess offer an onboard iphone app??? with maps of ships, live events, wait times for shows and such??? or are they behind the times with their tech gadgets???

HINT HINT.....need to be more proactive princess...thanks.:)

do any cruise lines have this?

I can see it now. I turned my phone on to check the deck plans and my bill was $300.:eek:

Bill

Celebrity has one but it's awful. If I were them, I'd be embarrassed that it's so inadequate. The Shipmate app is far better and includes a lot of information: deck plans, itinerary where you can input the tours you have planned whether through the ship or independent, a contacts list where you can store friends or roll call cabin #'s, a generic list of ship's tours (not the actual tours for your cruise with prices but rather the general list from the Princess website), and a number of other features, including a link to where the ship is now. I know that Shipmate is available for both iPhone and Droid.

You have to buy the ShipMate app to get Princess ships, just a warning. The free version only covers a few lines and Princess isn't one of them.

I'm on a ten day in January, but it would only allow me to select the 20 day itinerary that my ten day is the first half of, which is slightly irritating.

Celebrity has one but it's awful. If I were them, I'd be embarrassed that it's so inadequate. The Shipmate app is far better and includes a lot of information: deck plans, itinerary where you can input the tours you have planned whether through the ship or independent, a contacts list where you can store friends or roll call cabin #'s, a generic list of ship's tours (not the actual tours for your cruise with prices but rather the general list from the Princess website), and a number of other features, including a link to where the ship is now. I know that Shipmate is available for both iPhone and Droid.

Shipmate is pretty good, but not always accurate. Example is the Emerald's TA on April 26, 2012 which shows up as an Eastern Caribbean 10-day round trip from FLL. The webmaster at Shipmate said they were in the process of making some changes that would hopefully prevent those errors.

As far as an onboard app, they would need to have an internal internet server on every ship, updated and fed via the already heavily used wi-fi network for it to work. It would be simpler just to offer the information via a browseable page outside the billing system if they wanted to do that.

Archived