"gotomypc.com"

Tikiintahiti

I'll be using in Cabo starting next Friday I'll let you know how it works using slow internet. however this time I'm leaving the laptop at home and only taking the Ipad so that may change the processing speed as well. I'm hoping it works well so I can leave the laptop home on the FP trip we have planned next July

Program works beautifully! (My husband works for the company that makes it;):D) we use it all the time...of course it will be affected by internet service speed and interruptions-any program will. My DH uses it all the time when he travels, we use it at our summer home where we have DSL, and with his smart phone mifi service. The best use of it for us...when my DH has to provide IT support to my DM in Florida...he just takes her pc over and "fixes it":rolleyes:

Ipad is what I was thinking of bringing as well so it will be interesting what you find out ................ thanks

I will ask DH when he returns from his latest trip if he's used it with his iPad...I would say yes, because for some of his business trips he travels with JUST the iPad and Im sure he needs to get to his PC during those trips.

He's back tonight...but we are headed out for the weekend, when do you leave? Oh I see December...Ill try to get the info Monday!

Isn't does it work .............

The question is has anyone used it on the PG with the slower internet speed?

The maker says that says on their web site, ""Always on" Internet connection (cable, ISDN, DSL or better)"

The best spped I've seen on a ship in FP is about 300 kb but 75kb happens as well.

Isn't does it work .............

The question is has anyone used it on the PG with the slower internet speed?

The maker says that says on their web site, ""Always on" Internet connection (cable, ISDN, DSL or better)"

The best spped I've seen on a ship in FP is about 300 kb but 75kb happens as well.

It does work 'adequately'. Better in port when the ship is a little more stable (easier to stay locked on to the satellite). I did speak with MTN (the folks that manage the sat network) and they do NOT block any TCP ports that are required for VPNs or other remote access services, so you should be good there.

The 250min package is a lot cheaper per minute, and even cheaper is free Internet after four sailings!

Archived