The fair way to raise tips

angel61

I would recommend the ability to prepay tips at the old rate be allowed for anyone that had reached final payment and for any current ES bookings. Then everyone would have the ability to pay according to their original budget.

My tips for my 12/4 cruise did not go up $1.50. It went up $48. I should have a choice without having to go change it on ship.

I would recommend the ability to prepay tips at the old rate be allowed for anyone that had reached final payment and for any current ES bookings. Then everyone would have the ability to pay according to their original budget.

My tips for my 12/4 cruise did not go up $1.50. It went up $48. I should have a choice without having to go change it on ship.

You have a choice when booking if you want autotip and you choose tha amounts or to tip in cash.

I know everyone is concerned about their cruise budget but what about the crew- hey crew, the good news is you're going to get a raise in tips. The bad news is you won't see the full amount for up to a year or more from all of the passengers.

At the time or my booking, I had a budget which included $320 tips for my family. Now, I will pay $48 more. I should have the choice to pay that or go to the prepay now at the rate give at my booking. Or I could chose to go along with the changes. It should be my choice at 4 weeks before my cruise. And it should be the choice of every one already booked at ES or after their final payment.

At the time or my booking, I had a budget which included $320 tips for my family. Now, I will pay $48 more. I should have the choice to pay that or go to the prepay now at the rate give at my booking. Or I could chose to go along with the changes. It should be my choice at 4 weeks before my cruise. And it should be the choice of every one already booked at ES or after their final payment.

Hmmm....when I have expenses rise from one part of my budget, I usually have to adjust other parts of my budget to cover for it. Maybe do a little extra saving between now and cruise time.

CCL implemented it the way they did for a reason and while we can't know for sure how this decision was reached I would think that your proposal (or something very similar) was probably considered and rejected. And don't forget that you have the option of making this adjustment onboard yourself, so in essence you still do have this choice.

Well that is part of good planing for the crews raise. If they want to give it to them now, they could well take it out of their profits. I think I read they make one Billion a year. Other wise, as a consumer I just ask for fair notice!

1. We all agree that the staff has been underpaid for the job they do, right?

2. We all agree that they were getting paid less than all of the other cruiselines, right?

3. We all agree that they deserve more than what they have been getting, right?

Then get over it, and pay them for what they do. It has to start sometime, and December is the time they chose to start it. If you don't like it, don't pay it. It's your choice. They can't make you pay. I'd feel bad if I were you and felt so greedy.

If you do not want to read another tip post, why are you here? Carnival need to know that some people are PO and I am only hanging out some ideas on how they can take my money.

Like thestapels said, post count.:D

too bad you didnt come to CC Oct 31st .. some people got notice ahead of time from their PVPs and posted it on CC .. so you could have prepaid when the advance notice was posted on CC.

reading CC more often could have paid off if you were that concerned. So now another whiner who could have avoided their problem if they came to CC, and acted.

We must have at least 6 whiners now .. why dont you all get together on the same thread, instead of each one starting a new thread? 6 whiners is not a movement. Its done, we had advance notice. I did at least, but I have a good PVP. Carnival isnt going to change for you

Obviously they didnt go up $1.50, they go up $1.50 pp per day. If you cant afford the $48 don't cruise, period. I am SO SO SICK of seeing these. Why did you post this? You can recommend what ever you want, they arent going to change their policy though. You know what else you can do? Change them when you get on board to whatever YOU want. If you dont want to do that because you dont think you should have to then you are SOL.

What $48 means to you, it means exponentially more to the crew members. I believe tipping is a lost virtue, just like serving others and fighting for the greater common good.

When I go out to eat at a sit down restaurant, I always allow a "buffer" for tip (20-30%) because I believe the waiter deserves it. When I cruise, I allow a lot more then the measly $10/day Carnival suggests. We cruise for 14 days and the daily tip does add up. However, I would rather tip them more (who obviously work hard), than to blow that money on nonsense souvenirs or excessive alcohol. If you're on a budget, cut back on some other expenses :) I'm sure we can do a better job at managing our finances than our current government.

How's that for a post? There's a bit of politics, finances, and cultural references lol

I know everyone is concerned about their cruise budget but what about the crew- hey crew, the good news is you're going to get a raise in tips. The bad news is you won't see the full amount for up to a year or more from all of the passengers.

oh, how funny i would look at my boss if he told me instead of a raise this year, i will get it through tips that come in downstairs.

and then i would check the calendar.

having never prepaid tips, what really amazes me that if you do it, it HAS to be at the suggested rate.

i would have thought it could be any amount you chose.

too bad you didnt come to CC Oct 31st .. some people got notice ahead of time from their PVPs and posted it on CC .. so you could have prepaid when the advance notice was posted on CC.

reading CC more often could have paid off if you were that concerned. So now another whiner who could have avoided their problem if they came to CC, and acted.

We must have at least 6 whiners now .. why dont you all get together on the same thread, instead of each one starting a new thread? 6 whiners is not a movement. Its done, we had advance notice. I did at least, but I have a good PVP. Carnival isnt going to change for you

Wow, I guess the same can be said for all the Carnival Cheerleaders (sometime I wonder if you aren't Carnival plants. Start your own Cheerleader thread and then those that want to post their honest opinions won't be blasted by those that feel they need to (or are paid to) defend EVERY decision Carnival makes!

Wow, I guess the same can be said for all the Carnival Cheerleaders (sometime I wonder if you aren't Carnival plants. Start your own Cheerleader thread and then those that want to post their honest opinions won't be blasted by those that feel they need to (or are paid to) defend EVERY decision Carnival makes!

There doesnt need to be 10 posts on the same opinion, all of them can post there. These posts are NOT helpful, they are people complaining about something that THEY CAN CHANGE. If they are too LAZY to go to the front desk then too bad for them.

lol, just for the record, I was last accussed of being a RCL cheerleader posting on Carnival because I said I prefer RCL to Carnival.

Do I like the new tips amount .. of course I would prefer to pay less. No one likes paying more. I have three cruises booked in group mode I dont have bookings #s for yet, so I could not prepay either. ..ones booked thru a TA who only does groups... not thru my usual PVP.

I cruise 6 to 8 times a year, so Im betting this affects me more than it affects you. Im not crazy about how it was rolled out .. just for the record, they should have given more notice. Heck I was just glad I get in my Triumph cruise next week before the tips go up. I still have two conquest and one magic cruise booked too though.

one week people say I hate carnival .. the next Im a carnival paid to post cheerleader lol

Archived