Access America...and cruise insurance

Cruise Amore

As a TA, in order to sell travel insurance to my clients I also had to be licensed in my state by the department of insurance and be an appointed producer by the insurer. I'm sure the same applied to the TA in this case. This gave me wide authority (as an insurance agent, not as a TA) to request the status of a claim on policies that I sold. This allows me to intercede on my client's behalf if necessary. It's the same as your local State Farm agent down the street keeping you informed about the status of your fire damage claim. The actual medical information attached to the claim is protected but I don't care about that anyway.

Thanx much for the explanation.

To all Posters:

Thanks for all of your input. We have retained legal counsel. They have accepted our case and are quite pleased to represent us. Due to the sensitivity of our case, we really shouldn't provide additional facts or information on this board. I will say we did file our claim against Access America.

We will keep this board posted with final results.

I will ask that all of you use caution when purchasing insurance. We learned some interesting lessons; and due to what we have recently experienced, we will no longer be purchasing insurance for future cruises.

To all Posters:

Thanks for all of your input. We have retained legal counsel. They have accepted our case and are quite pleased to represent us.

I am not surprised. I've never found an attorney yet who was not happy to take my money.

Yes, please come back and post when you are able. I would be especially interested hearing on what grounds exactly you are pursing this case with Access America. I have worked in this field and cannot imagine why an attorney would think you have a case, based on the information provided, but perhaps there is something missing you haven't posted.

As a retired legal professional I am stunned :eek: that your retained counsel has given you permission to update a public forum such as this with the details of any case, no matter what the claim or subject matter.. At any rate, we have beat this horse to death and I am closing this thread.. What may or may not be a legal basis this is no longer cruise related as such and is between you and your retained counsel.

If and when your attorney has given you permission to post the details of the settlement of this case, be curious to hear it and Access America's response as well.

Archived