tipping

MAO

Thanks, sometimes I just prefer to hand out cash to the stewards and others.

Your money your choice. Traditionally $ 1 per day of the auto tip went to alternative dining such as people working on lido deck. Now it will be 2 with some of the money going to people in guest services and entertainment.

So if you cut back alternative to $ 1 half of the dollar will still go to guest services and entertainment and the people on lido thru no fault of their own get screwed.

The increase of $1.50 does not bother me as I know some cruise lines are more money and the service that is provided is well worth it. As soon as we meet our cabin steward I give him money and he remembers us during the whole cruise and during the trip I will give him a more. Our waiter and his assistant we give money the first day to and they appreciate it. I am not happy that they did not give notice of the increase.

The increase of $1.50 does not bother me as I know some cruise lines are more money and the service that is provided is well worth it. As soon as we meet our cabin steward I give him money and he remembers us during the whole cruise and during the trip I will give him a more. Our waiter and his assistant we give money the first day to and they appreciate it. I am not happy that they did not give notice of the increase.

I never give my cabin steward the first and he always remembers me and provides excellent service. They are in fact good at what they do and require no bribe to perform their best.

I do however leave a little extra at the end.

Thanks, sometimes I just prefer to hand out cash to the stewards and others.

The automatic tips charged to you also go to people behind the scenes who you never come into direct personal contact with, but they are a big part in making your cruise enjoyable.

We pay our room steward, servers and some bartenders extra on top of the automatic tips because they go above & beyond for us.

Archived