My Week On The GREATEST Ship In The World! Allure OTS 10/30/11: A Pictorial Review!

• 6 months later...

Incredible review. Thank you so much. I just stumbled across it. We are doing Oasis for the first time in 8 months and Allure next year and after reading this and seeing your great pictures I'm about to burst with anticipation and excitement :D. It's crazy, some of these pictures I can hardly believe are from onboard a ship!

Pre Cruise

My wife and I booked this cruise over a year ago while we were on Freedom of the Seas. At the time it was hard to fathom that any ship could be more impressive than Freedom. I could tell from pictures that Allure would be bigger. I could also tell that it had a park and a boardwalk. But the actual experience would prove to be much more impressive than viewing pictures could ever be.

We drove down the day before the cruise and stayed at the Westin in North Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel was very nice and easy to find being right off I-95. We had a nice dinner at Southport Raw Bar followed by ice cream at Jaxson’s. The next morning we drove to the port and parked at Park-n-Go. They have a nice lot near Port Everglades and offer shuttle service to and from the terminal. We only paid $5.99 per day, which is much lower than the $15 to park at the pier.

Our room at the Westin

P1000988.jpg

P1000987.jpg

P1000998.jpg

This is great, I leave on the Allure in 8 days can't wait, looking forward for move of your reviews:D:D

• 1 month later...
I also agree with your Nassau post ... my Allure cruise will hit there as the first port and it will be my 3rd time there. As much as I love Atlantis, I've already crossed it off my bucket list of places to visit, so I'm looking forward to staying onboard as well.

I am bored with Nassau too, after 5 straight cruises to the Bahamas. My mom will not fly so we a stuck going out of Baltimore. The only cruise that fits into my dads school schedule is the Carnival ship not the RCCL ship. I am excited to be going down to Fort Lauderdale to go on Oasis in November. I would be staying on board in Nassau, but I friend who is traveling with me has never been on a cruise or anywhere outside the US other than Canada so I will be going into Nassau. It will be fun to see it through a first timers eyes.

• 1 year later...
You're welcome! :)

Wow thank you so much going on this ship in December and you have made it soo wonderful and now I feel so much more familiar

We have sailed on other RCCCL ships and Princess and ick ick ick Carnival

First time on one of the big Ladies !!

Darth you rock!!!

Wow thank you so much going on this ship in December and you have made it soo wonderful and now I feel so much more familiar

We have sailed on other RCCCL ships and Princess and ick ick ick Carnival

First time on one of the big Ladies !!

Darth you rock!!!

No problem! You're gonna love it, they are truly amazing machines. Nothing else like them anywhere!

• 3 months later...
"After the quick embarkation and exploration of the ship we found our way to the cabins. We were lucky to get one of the interior cabins where the bed is against the rear wall.

The other setup has the bed in the middle, with the couch closer to the back of the room. The former feels bigger even though they have identical square footage."

The balcony rooms have the same 2 layouts. We were unlucky enough to have the bed near the door. There was not enough room for 2 people to walk around the bed. They have also cut down on storage space. The night stands don't have drawers , just shelves. For the money the room was a disappointment.

Daryl

I see you are on the March 15, 2015 Allure, come join our roll call. Great review by the way, getting us excited, only 3 weeks till we sail.

Tony and Debbie