Completely Overwhelmed - Best way to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Tricia1972

I read The NEW I work in Port Canaveral thread, well the first few posts, and wow, what a wealth of information!

My question is simple. What is the best way to get from the Downtown Disney area to the Port?

Our hope is to find reasonable transportation that is reliable. We're comfortable driving, but would you guys recommend a shuttle service?

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

My question is simple. What is the best way to get from the Downtown Disney area to the Port?

Our hope is to find reasonable transportation that is reliable. We're comfortable driving, but would you guys recommend a shuttle service

My very opinionated opinion is to get a 1-way car rental, if you are few in number and able to fit everyone & luggage into one car or van. It would be simple and probably cheaper than a shuttle.

If you are comfortable driving, it's an easy and almost straight shot from Orlando to PC and a one-way car rental will work out to be cheaper just about every time.

Most of the shuttle services will charge in the range of $25-30+ per person each way, with some discounting for groups and families - here's a list you might want to explore:

Cocoa Beach shuttle www.cbshuttle.com

Cruisexpressfla

Star Trans

TraveLynx (www.travelynx.com)

Executive VIP Limo 321-505-0009

Beachline transportation. 321-453-9660

Sunrise Florida Transportation 1-866-709-8769

Good luck! :)

My very opinionated opinion is to get a 1-way car rental, if you are few in number and able to fit everyone & luggage into one car or van. It would be simple and probably cheaper than a shuttle.

I have to agree with Orlando Vic...rent a car one way, drop off in Cocoa Beach and take the rental car shuttle over to the Port.

I prefer to have my own car as I can stop for last minute things like a few bottles of water, some sunscreen and anything I forgot in the packing from NJ.

Drive! We've not done it from Downtown Disney, but have twice from the airport. Seriously one of the easiest drives ever, and one way car rentals are cheap.

We have done Cocoa Beach Shuttle to return to MCO after a cruise once, but have driven from MCO ourselves both times.

I have spent hours and hours reading the boards on CC trying to figure all this stuff out. We are flying into MCO on 2/3 and our cruise on RCCL FOS leaves on 2/5. Returns to port on 2/12 and we fly home on 2/15. So I have to make a whole lot of careful plans on both sides! It is driving me BANANAS! When I booked our 12 day disney trip, this was so much easier because we just took the disney bus to the hotel and then never left property until we went back to MCO.

I am leaning toward a one-way rental car. I have a Hertz Gold Club account from my corporate travels, so that will keep the price down. It will be four of us (two kiddos and DH, plus me). I can squeeze us into some sort of economy car and just get us down there.

My challenge has been in where to stay on 2/3 and 2/4 and what to do.

Many hours of my butt in my home office chair, and I STILL don't know what's the right combination. We're not made of moola, so I have to think this through carefully.

I read The NEW I work in Port Canaveral thread, well the first few posts, and wow, what a wealth of information!

Our hope is to find reasonable transportation that is reliable. We're comfortable driving, but would you guys recommend a shuttle service?

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

You basically have three options:

1. Get back to the airport from the Disney area, and use one of the many shuttle services that go from the airport to the port.

2. Hire a car service. This is our preferred method. No hassle with getting rent car and dropping it off. Leave the driving to someone else. You can arrange to be picked up at your Disney hotel or anywhere else you prefer. You can also arrange to be picked up at the port and dropped back off at the airport when your cruise returns to port.

4. Rent a car. As others have said, you can rent one-way from the airport to Port Canveral, and the other way around if you want. A rental car is the best option if you are planning on extending your stay in Orlando or the area before or after your cruise.

We have done options 2 and 4. Unless we're arriving before the day of departure or staying in the area afterward, we prefer a car service both ways.

I used the Sunshine Shuttle service a few years ago, with a HUGE group of family and friends - the prices were reasonable,they were SUPER easy to deal with, were on time, and helped with ideas of things to do in the area. Highly recommended!

Archived