I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

We have done it because we enjoy it. Period.

Sometimes others, even the crew, happen to share our feelings...

JacqueJessicaWeeeeJimmy.jpg

Never really thought about what anyone else thought, really do not care now.

JacqueJessicaFormalDinner.jpg

Not trying to impress anyone on our vacation, just there to have fun however we decide to do it.

JacqueJessicaFrozenThingie.jpg

Some people dance, others dress up and drink fine vines, some drink in excess wearing wife beaters.

You are on vacation, on a CARNIVAL cruise.

I am certainly not knocking the OP but.....

I just don't get
.....starting a thread about not getting the stuffed animal thing.

Honestly, it's fun and we have had some pretty interesting stories and funny instances with it.

This idea started for us when our daughter was young and had to carry an egg around with her for school. 24 hours a day she had to care for it like it was a baby while we were on vacation.

Everyone including the stewardesses on our plane interacted with the egg and us!

There is nothing here to really get.

Keyword is FUN. To each is own.

I totally "get it" and think it's great. The angry birds review was hilarious!

I think with all the stress in our lives these days people need to loosen up and just have fun, don't sweat the small stuff, right?

My mom and I take a girls cruise every year with a friend of ours. Well this year she chose to have a baby instead :rolleyes: and while she is absolutely thrilled with her new baby girl, she is sad that she is missing out on our yearly vacation together. So we've almost decided to take a picture of her head on a stick with us. We'll take a few photos here and there and when we get home I'll make a cheap photo book of just the pictures of her on vacation with us. It's just for a laugh but she'll think it's great that we actually thought of her and spent the time to do it on our vacation.

So see, sometimes it may just seem silly but really it's because we're missing our cruising companions and want them to feel like they were a part of our vacation, even though they weren't really there. :o

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

Why do people leave their cabins for anything other than to eat meals??

I just don't get it :confused::confused::confused:

I loved Flat Stanley.. I took my nephew all over the place and took picture of him and Flat Stanley. We had a blast!!

We mailed Flat Stanley all over the county and had relatives take pictures of him with landmarks of their particular state. It was hilarious.

Come to think of it, I am sure he would love to come on our upcoming cruise...:D:p

Well, we travel with a gnome that is dressed in University of Texas colors, his name is Tex. His picture is in my avatar :) He travels with us, and he has his own album on my Facebook page. Friends ask about him often. Tex travels in the water bottle holder on my backpack, so he's really no trouble to take along. We do it because it's fun. Nuff said. :)

Wel....I guess this is better than the tipping threads.

anything is better then that, even shrimpgate. I don't see any harm in all this. its not differnet then me saving all my towels animals for the week and having my stateroom look like a zoo lol.

We have a small stuffed javelina that we always take on vacations! Her name is Josephina and she wears an Arizona Cardinals ribbon around her neck. We have a picture of her everywhere we go, from sightseeing in Las Vegas to every cruise and beach. She's about the size of my hand, and when she's not travelling she's guarding our car from the front cup holder.

My DH and I are in our 50's. Childish, immature, juvenile, and silly? You bet.

Oh, and her favorites foods are shrimp alfredo, coffee, and the DOD's on the ship. She loves to visit with the towel animals and have her picture taken with them. The cabin steward always has her posed with them to surprise us when we return to our room.

My girlfriends daughter has woofy (a stuffed dog) that whenever we go anywhere we take pictures of us holding the dog to show to her daughter and she would get the biggest smile on here face. Woofy is a little tattered these days but we still do it and we still show here daughter and she still gets a big smile on her face. It truly is priceless. I don't see what it's hurting anybody. If they had a stuffed animal that was from an adult store or something that you could take offence from then I could see making a big deal out of it but its a stuffed animal for heavens sake. Get over it.

We take a Steelers gnome with us and it's been all over the Caribbean, Europe, and through the Panama Canal.

My DW is a flight attendant with a major carrier which had a stuffed bear with a flight log that was handed from flight crew to flight crew. It was amazing to read where that bear had been and it's thoughts on different places.

I packed a couple black kitties for our Halloween cruise and took pictures of them sitting next to our towel animals each evening. I think the steward had fun with them, too, because a couple of times they would have them positioned next to the towel animals. Besides, I missed my kitty we had to leave at home. :( They made us smile.

And, on the plus side, you (or your cabin steward) didn't have to deal with a litter box in your cabin!

Buc-ee joined us in Oct. We all had fun with him. He is small and very well behaved. Even when he had too much wine...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

He is excited to go again in Dec.

HA! Love these.... Buc-ee pulls off "drunken wino" and "so excited to be here" like a champ!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

YEAH!!! LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

and as the poster of the original Angry Bird thread I say.... lighten the heck up! Is it hurting you? Is it offending you somehow? I'm not really sure why you HAVE to get it..... If you don't get it, move on, and make your plans for your on board bridge tournament and participate in the moaning and arguing in the next smoking thread.

But to start a whole topic about not getting something...really?

Well and truly said!

I had to chime in... my group of friends and I have a traveling "rubber chicken" we refer to as Humphrey Bogart (or Bo for short). He's gone to the, Hoover Dam, Florida Keys, Las Vegas, New York... and so on. We find it hilarious... and we're in our late twenties. :D

Heeeeere's BO!

37961_439827190764_655140764_5476930_5404398_n.jpg.089a44b7646a11306f101271ab050f32.jpg

38848_769515517758_18700342_42322743_4671053_n.jpg.9f47c5113a786d873acf801310ba156a.jpg

39070_581920644637_43601669_33881653_299652_n.jpg.70a146287adc20c0d241901b1b02a534.jpg

39179_769510263288_18700342_42322411_2220789_n.jpg.588832a01c9515ba603ab5218784e522.jpg

39959_769511306198_18700342_42322470_4552754_n.jpg.9abc171a9fa4bb857c2e84746fbe74a6.jpg