Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

This is still a bit confusing. I was looking at cabin 10215. Using the deck plan and the "count down two" it should be the dreaded "left door". However, the cabin PDF linked earlier shows it as a "bed near balcony". HMMMM

That person must have pushed the wrong key, cause that cabin should have its bed by the closet.

• 1 month later...

I see that a lot of people here are talking about cabins with balconies. Even after reading sonar's obviously well thought out explanation, I'm clueless because I'm going to be in 7549, and inside stateroom with a sofabed. Can anyone help? or is it more or less random for the inside staterooms?

On the Allure, 7549 has a door on the LEFT, when viewed from the hallway. The bed will be next to the closet. (7549 and 7547 is a pair of rooms).

On the Allure, same answer for 7192. (7192 and 7190 is a pair of rooms).

It does not matter whether it is a balcony, oceanview, or inside. Look at the doors as if you were standing in the hallway looking at your room entrance. RIGHT is RIGHT (better configuration for most people).

how do you figure out other ships ? :)

Other ships do not have the same issue. All of the cabins in a particular category will be pretty much the same configuration throughout the category. Oasis and Allure are the first RCI ships to not have the traditional rectangular shaped cabins. This is what makes the alternating configurations necessary.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Here is the short guide to rooms on the Oasis and Allure. BOTH ships have the same configurations. There may be a few exceptions to the following generality, but you will find this to be your best guideline…..

All non-suite cabins were built as a pair of cabins. There is a common wall between the 2 cabins that zigzags between them, and that dictates the bedding arrangement for each of the 2 rooms. The cabin configurations alternate; every other one is the same. Likewise, every adjacent cabin is different.

On the left-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the bathroom. This is a cramped arrangement and should be avoided. There is inadequate access to the closet, and you must lift your luggage over the bed to enter the stateroom. The cabin looks and feels crowded. Two people will have trouble getting dressed if they both need access to the closet and bath.

On the right-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the balcony. This is the preferred arrangement for most people. While not spacious, the cabin looks and feels comfortable.

You can tell which cabin is which by merely looking at the floor plan of the ship. Wherever you see adjoining cabins (shown by the arrows connecting 2 rooms), this is always ONE of the pair-of-cabins. When viewed from the hallway, there will be 2 entrance doors next to each other. One door is LEFT and one door is RIGHT.

Always remember: RIGHT is RIGHT. Select the door to the cabin on the RIGHT. It does not matter if they are inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, ocean-view balconies, Central Park balconies, Boardwalk balconies: RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

Once you find a adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins. Again, when viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the bath, select the left door. If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door.

Bingo (is right) - good explanation. Hope to offer another way that I hope doesn't confuse anyone -- look at the deck plan(s) for the Boardwalk (that's the area this was explained to me) --- from the aft, x329 and x729 - x729 on some decks has a triangle, that means it has a sofa bed versus couch; means the bed is by the closet/bathroom; even if it doesn't have the triangle bed is closet/bathroom; x329 with the diamond or w/out means it has the bed at the balcony. I was on the Oasis and had 10719 (bed by balcony) friends across had 10319 and 10321 (319 was closet, 321 was balcony).

Edited by jaspercat

Other ships do not have the same issue. All of the cabins in a particular category will be pretty much the same configuration throughout the category. Oasis and Allure are the first RCI ships to not have the traditional rectangular shaped cabins. This is what makes the alternating configurations necessary.

Thank you, Ocean Boy. Where is the bed if an E1 on Deck 7 of the Radiance ? :)

Thanks for your reply Ocean Boy but I called RC before you responded and was told that the bed is by the closet. And your saying it's by the balcony.

Which one is it? :eek:

Just checked, it's definitely by the balcony.

Thank you, Ocean Boy. Where is the bed if an E1 on Deck 7 of the Radiance ? :)

All ships except Oasis class, have their beds by the balcony. Your cabin will look like this.

http://www.thecruiselines.com/images/royal-caribbean/RD-balcony-cabin-catD1.jpg

The only thing that could change would be which way the bed is facing. Don't think that matters.

Thanks for your reply Ocean Boy but I called RC before you responded and was told that the bed is by the closet. And your saying it's by the balcony.

Which one is it? :eek:

Just checked, it's definitely by the balcony.

Will says that I am right. I guess you will just have to decide who you trust the most, us or RCI customer service.:eek::D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...