Zuidy to Puerto Limon Feb 3 - seeking private tour recommendations

lovegoddess1

Bruce is correct...lots of info there. I will give you my experience here. We were on the Z last Feb and loved costa rica. We had a great private tour with eduardo of My Lucky Tour...you can google him and email him..he is very nice. Had a wonderful day for about half of what Hal wanted--45/pp and it was in a van not the big bus. Saw some of the city banana plantation, neat fresh fruit stand, lots of country side, boat ride on the canals, lunch at a wonderful beach/bar. All of the ports are really neat on this trip and it is all about the canal but costa rica is a neat place to visit..way cleaner than panama. Perfect for a private tour...people are super friendly.

Mastergator

We just did the Panama Canal in Sept./Oct. and stopped in Costa Rica. We used Odyssey Tours. I arranged the tour with a number of CC members.

Alvaro was outstanding in keeping in contact with me before the cruise and answering any questions I had immediately.

There were 20 of us and he used 3 vans so it was very comfortable. The drivers were courteous and well informed. Everyone commented on what a great tour it was. Made me feel good as I was a bit nervous planning this tour for people I didn't know at the time.

Would highly recommend them.

We did the banana train and canal tour. It was interesting and gave a good view of the banan industry and how it shaped SE Costa Rica. The train was not air coniditioned; open air was fun and you got a good view of the countryside. The canals were neat, lots of wildlife; the banana processing plant was a wate of time.

Several years ago, before ziplining was very common, we decided we wanted to try to zipline (people in their 80s even do this). We contaced a jungle resort called "Almonds and Corals" who sent a driver to pick us up at the ship. It was about 45 min from the port to their resort and during the drive our driver pointed out some sites, stopped so we could look at some banana plants, etc. When we got to the resort (this is an eco jungle resort which is both in the jungle and also along the coast) we got our instruction and then climbed up a ladder to the top of a tree where they had a nice platform. From there, we zip lined from tree to tree (there were 13 stations) at times being over 100 feet above the jungle floor. While up in the trees we could hear (and see) some howler monkeys and the views were amazing. The last station on the zipline ended on a beach. After spending some time touring the resort our driver took as back to Limon. It truly was a momorable day. On another trip to the area we did the canal tour which was OK but not nearly as much fun as that trip to Almonds and Corals (you can google this place).

Hank

Archived