Current Concierges continued

PH8

I will be staying in my first GS on Enchantment in 2 weeks and I e-mailed Reyno to ask about a bridge tour and cabana on Cococay. He replied for me to contact him 4 days before sailing.
I'd like to get excited about the tour and cabana, how likely will that be accommodated?
Also, we will have our 10 year old Granddaughter with us for her birthday. The occasion is noted on our reservations, should I also mention that to Reyno?

Thanks
Donna

[quote name='Addictedtocruising']I will be staying in my first GS on Enchantment in 2 weeks and I e-mailed Reyno to ask about a bridge tour and cabana on Cococay. He replied for me to contact him 4 days before sailing.
I'd like to get excited about the tour and cabana, how likely will that be accommodated?
Also, we will have our 10 year old Granddaughter with us for her birthday. The occasion is noted on our reservations, should I also mention that to Reyno?

Thanks
Donna[/QUOTE]

the bridge tour really up to the captain..some allow them, some don't. As far as the birthday, you need to check with the maitre d. He can arrange to have happy birthday sung(along with a piece of cake) to your granddaughter.It may be noted on your ressie,but they normally don't do anything unless you mention it to them on board.. Edited by PH8

Addictetocruising,

Be sure to email Reyno as he requested. He like most Concierges are pretty busy with existing guests and typically only start working their next cruise days before turn around day. I would say that you will likely get a cabana :) Enjoy!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Edited by Scotty G

[quote name='Yorkshire Voyagers']Kathy, Just got home from the Serenade. Rami will now be the permanent concierge as Francois will be taking up a position with Celebrity after his vacation.

Rami was a lovely young man, very pleasant and helpful

Carol[/quote]

So sorry to hear that Francois has left RCL!! We were looking forward to spending lots of quality time with him on the TA and beyond.:(
Will look forward to meeting Rami and getting to know him. Wishing Francois best wishes on his new assignment. Any idea which ship???

Hi All,
This will be our first time in a suite - staying in Royal Family on Enchantment in 3 days. I'm so excited.

There will be 6 adults plus a 15 month old - we actually got the suite so my grandson would have space.

It appears to me from the archive search that tipping has not been addressed since 2011. Can someone tell me the guidelines for what to tip above the expected gratuities.

I don't anticipate that we will have the Concierge arrange anything tours for us- again, we just wanted space and view. We may use the lounge for specialty coffees. He has contacted the dining room about gluten free options for breakfast in our suite. Would that be an extra tip to the Concierge, or to the DR staff?

I'm just wanting to know who to tip and customary amounts for this 3 night cruise. And if the amount is per person, or if we can hand and envelope with $50 to represent the extra for our family?
Many thanks - advice her has never steered me wrong.!
Irene

[quote name='Momarazzi']Hi All,
This will be our first time in a suite - staying in Royal Family on Enchantment in 3 days. I'm so excited.

There will be 6 adults plus a 15 month old - we actually got the suite so my grandson would have space.

It appears to me from the archive search that tipping has not been addressed since 2011. Can someone tell me the guidelines for what to tip above the expected gratuities.[COLOR="Red"] they haven't changed since 7-1-2011[/COLOR]

I don't anticipate that we will have the Concierge arrange anything tours for us- again, we just wanted space and view. We may use the lounge for specialty coffees. He has contacted the dining room about gluten free options for breakfast in our suite. Would that be an extra tip to the Concierge, or to the DR staff? [COLOR="Red"]It was the concierge that got the message to the galley for you so he should get the tip[/COLOR]

I'm just wanting to know who to tip and customary amounts for this 3 night cruise. And if the amount is per person, or if we can hand and envelope with $50 to represent the extra for our family?
Irene[/quote]

there will be envelopes to tip the concierge in the CL on the next to last night. Tip the concierge based on how you feel your service was. For a 7 day cruise I tip around $10 for the concierge and I make my own envelope to tip the barman!

and remember that suite guests are charged more pp for gratuities. [COLOR="Red"]And gratuities are now automatically charged to your seapass account everyday.[/COLOR] You may remove them and I'm not sure if you have to remove them everyday or just once if you're going to tip in cash. For suite guests the rates are suite attendant 7.25 pp per day, housekeeping 5.00 pp per day, waiter 3.75 pp per day, ass't waiter 2.15 pp per day, and head waiter .75 pp per day. Edited by wolfcathorse

[quote name='Momarazzi']Hi All,

It appears to me from the archive search that tipping has not been addressed since 2011. Can someone tell me the guidelines for what to tip above the expected gratuities.

I don't anticipate that we will have the Concierge arrange anything tours for us- again, we just wanted space and view. We may use the lounge for specialty coffees. He has contacted the dining room about gluten free options for breakfast in our suite. Would that be an extra tip to the Concierge, or to the DR staff?

Irene[/quote]
Tips for staying in a suite are $14.25 PER DAY,PER PERSON(regardless of age).......it will be automatically added to your seapass account daily.If you wish to give more,you can do so with some cash or go to Guest Relations and have them add more to your seapass account......these tips go to your cabin steward,head waiter,waiter and asst waiter..........

As far as other tips,a 15% gratuity is automatically added to bar service beverages, mini bar items, Spa & Salon services. These gratuities may be itemized on your receipt

Tipping the concierge and the amount is totally up to you.....there is no set standard......and at night,there are bar servers in there too,who I usually tip as well........

FYI-----when you booked your cruise,your travel agent or RCCL(if you booked directly) could had taken the info down as what kind of meals you need(gluten free).But as far as extra tips,again,up to you.

I may see you in the CL.........I just booked this cruise last night..:D

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

(Diamond)Dexter Fraser as of 07/21/13("Ana" Anayansy Jimenez)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Anis Tebbeb till 09/15/13

(Diamond)Sascha Strack

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Denzil Fernandes as of 07/02/13

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida as of 06/09/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Nizar Laatiri till 01/14(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13

(Diamond)-Larisa Curduneanu(Andrew Finegold on vacation till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz as of 07/01/13

(Diamond)-Oana Popa (on vacation 10/07/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/14/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/14/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Gazetty James(Juan Diego Miranda-Allen on vacation till Sept '13)

(Diamond)Shim Hyun "JJ" as of 07/30/13

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Pretty Shamu as of 06/28/13(Amit Chattopadhyay)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Rami Tabassi

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Bon Voyage Kathy! We'll be boarded MJ Monday...no Rune. He leaves Friday and Capt Karin comes on. Then Rune reports to SR 9-4

Darn-----I hoped to get on the MJ one of these days to see him.......NO is a bit further to catch up with him........Bon Voyage to you!

Kathy, Just got home from the Serenade. Rami will now be the permanent concierge as Francois will be taking up a position with Celebrity after his vacation.

Carol

Thanks a bunch Carol!

Kathy, Just got home from the Serenade. Rami will now be the permanent concierge as Francois will be taking up a position with Celebrity after his vacation.

Carol

SAD news indeed. Although I'm sure Rami is very nice. I will greatly miss Francois. I was looking forward to seeing him again in New Orleans one day. :(

Gina

Thanks all - and I look forward to meeting PH8 in person :)

To confirm - extra is not needed for all the staff unless exceptional service. All that is expected is already added to the sea pass, except for concierge. And I can tip bar staff and the Concierge a flat rate for my family. Is this correct?

I went through the Concierge, because in the past, RCL has not been able to do gluten free for room service - and with a 15 month old, room service is definitely better than dining room.

Again, thanks for the info.

To confirm - extra is not needed for all the staff unless exceptional service. All that is expected is already added to the sea pass, except for concierge. And I can tip bar staff and the Concierge a flat rate for my family. Is this correct?

Correct!!:D

Not sure I will know who you are but you never know....:) Will you be in the CL at night?

Edited by PH8

Yes - hopefully my husband and I, and possibly one or two of adult children will be in.

What happens in the CL? Meet and mingle or are there organized activities? I feel a bit like a country bumkin...

No organized activities in the CL, just a lounge to have some drinks, snacks, conversation.

Yes - hopefully my husband and I, and possibly one or two of adult children will be in.

What happens in the CL? Meet and mingle or are there organized activities? I feel a bit like a country bumkin...

What is your name?? I don't want to be asking people if they are Mom:p

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

(Diamond)Dexter Fraser as of 07/21/13("Ana" Anayansy Jimenez)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Anis Tebbeb till 09/15/13

(Diamond)Sascha Strack

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/09/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Denzil Fernandes as of 07/02/13

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida as of 06/09/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Nizar Laatiri till 01/14(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13

(Diamond)-Larisa Curduneanu(Andrew Finegold on vacation till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz as of 07/01/13

(Diamond)-Oana Popa (on vacation 10/07/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/14/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/14/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Gazetty James(Juan Diego Miranda-Allen on vacation till Sept '13)

(Diamond)Shim Hyun "JJ" as of 07/30/13

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Pretty Shamu as of 06/28/13(Amit Chattopadhyay)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Rami Tabassi

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Just off the EN(yesterday) and the Suites Concierge(Reyno) and the Diamond Concierge(Iryna) are definitely two of the BEST!:D:D:D

I will say I agree. Totally different personalities but really great people. Thanks for talking me into stepping into the DL to meet Iryna. What a lovely lady she is.

Gina

I will say I agree. Totally different personalities but really great people. Thanks for talking me into stepping into the DL to meet Iryna. What a lovely lady she is.

Gina

She really is....:)