Can you ask the purser desk to use old tip rate?

angel61

Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $11.50 per guest, per day as follows(our recommended guideline effective voyages departing December 1, 2011 and onward):

$ 3.70 - Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.80 - Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 2.00 - Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members.

be careful if you are now in a group and prepay your tips. the tip to the md will be included for your convenience.

Thank you for the breakdown... What I'm a bit concerned about, and trust me, its not the $11.50 compared to the $10.00 or that its going to Pay Alternative Services such as kitchen, entertainment, guest services or hotel staff members... its that it seems to me that the actual Wait Staff and Room Stewards are losing money on this... Am I seeing that correctly? That upsets me... they don't deserve to lose anything... they deserve more...

Now, if the 2nd part is asking if my parents booked as part of a group, then the answer is no.... just the 2 of them through our PVP... but thanks for that info...

Thank you for the breakdown... What I'm a bit concerned about, and trust me, its not the $11.50 compared to the $10.00 or that its going to Pay Alternative Services such as kitchen, entertainment, guest services or hotel staff members... its that it seems to me that the actual Wait Staff and Room Stewards are losing money on this... Am I seeing that correctly? That upsets me... they don't deserve to lose anything... they deserve more...

no, they are getting an increase, but only 20 and 30 cents daily, per person, respectively. their increase is 5%, while the alternative services is going up 100%

Mickey has to pay for Lebron somehow - that's under entertainment isn't it?

maybe we can barter and get them to bring back the entertainment in the steakhouse, or the bands at the pool.

oh, idiot moi, there's no place for them to sleep. :rolleyes:

Actually, my parents have always tipped extra to their Room Steward, their Wait Staff and the Maitre'd (if he helped them or did anything for them) so they do get more (at least from our family)

With the auto "tipping" method Carnival has been using for several years,

when someone gives an extra tip to the Room Steward or wait staff, are they allowed to keep it or are they required to turn it in (or report) it? Does it go into a "pool" to be divided up.

With the auto "tipping" method Carnival has been using for several years,

when someone gives an extra tip to the Room Steward or wait staff, are they allowed to keep it or are they required to turn it in (or report) it? Does it go into a "pool" to be divided up.

no pooling on carnival on your waiters and stewards. they keep 100% of the tips whether you pay them in cash or on your steal and sign.

Now, if the 2nd part is asking if my parents booked as part of a group, then the answer is no.... just the 2 of them through our PVP... but thanks for that info...

it's a bit confusing on the carnival website. besides not being able to spell maitre d', even though they say he is included, the amount is the same.

although i've come to accept inaccuracies at that site.

quote:

What is the tipping policy for large groups?

Your group can prepay gratuities so attendees don't have to worry about it when on board. The gratuities cover your dining room waiter and bus person, head waiter and Matrie d’ along with the room cleaning personnel.

For more information on Carnival Cruise Lines gratuity policy click here.

It's just my opinion. I personally could care less if the $10.50 went to the captain--I don't cruise so tight to the belt that $21 is going to make or break me one way or the other. I try to live a drama free life--therefore, am not going to get in bind over $10.50. Just not. It just amazes me at the people who are throwing a royal hissy fit over $21. {Shakes head}

I feel that you are personally assaulting me in that I don't care that the amount is $1.50. I DO CARE where that money is going. I'd love the increase go to the stewards, the wait staff, the buffet staff, but NOT to the entertainment staff or guest relations. How many places do YOU go where you pay extra for someone to answer your questions? How many times do you go to a mall or someplace where kids are being taken care of(ie babysitting) and you have none, but it is demanded of you that since you entered the mall, you must pay?

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. Believe me we don't cruise "so tight to the belt" that it makes a darn bit of difference. You choose to put your head someplace other than we do.

We cruise in at least balcony cabins 3x a year so we are not close to going bankrupt or going on welfare or whatever you feel we are. Grow up and let people have their opinions too. Yours is not the end all.

Katiel53

Not sure why you took Vanessa L's post as a personal attack. Didn't seem so to me.

And when you post"Grow up and let people have their opinions too. Yours is not the end all", that cuts both ways.

She was posting her opinion ,as were you, as am I.

Katiel53

Not sure why you took Vanessa L's post as a personal attack. Didn't seem so to me.

And when you post"Grow up and let people have their opinions too. Yours is not the end all", that cuts both ways.

She was posting her opinion ,as were you, as am I.

I felt the attack was directed to all those who were commenting about the tip increase. She did mention that people who were disagreeing with it were cruising so " tight to the belt." I felt that included me as I disagree with how the tips are going to be used.

As I said we cruise often and we spend as much as we want to. If we have to skimp on our vacations, we wouldn't go. She is entitled to her opinion as we all are, but when she make statements that are all inclusive, I feel I have to defend myself. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.:)

Archived