Does anyone at HQ read these boards???

only1deejay

Was this for the 28-day cruise?

I assume you are referring to the Sapphire Princess 28 day cruise that finished on Nov. 19th.

There were 750 Elite pax on board. According to the Captain's "Circle rep, this was a record for any ship in the fleet. Also the cut-off for the luncheon was 550 days - again, probably a record. We were not invited as we have less than 400 days.

Lynne

Princess Elite Member

but the sticking point,,no discount on air,,,wanted Business class and quote was same as on my own,,,that was number one,,,then took into account the extra charges for restaurants,drinks,tips,excursions,,etc...and felt sort of "nickel and dimed"..so looked into so called luxury lines and found the with all above taken into account,,it was better to go with them...sorry,but we take at least 2 cruises ea.yr.and this was no "deal" for us...:o

What? Was this an answer to the OP?:confused::confused::confused:

On my Alaska cruise on the Sapphire there was a meeting set up by one of the cruise director's assistant, it was noted in the patter as a 'cruise critic' meeting, not a meet & greet. This person told the group that Princess monitors CC continuously and they take all remarks seriously.

On my Alaska cruise on the Sapphire there was a meeting set up by one of the cruise director's assistant, it was noted in the patter as a 'cruise critic' meeting, not a meet & greet. This person told the group that Princess monitors CC continuously and they take all remarks seriously.

Considering his audience, I can understand his statement but I would take that statement with a grain of salt. I've talked to officer's privately & while they know about CC, they also know they need to cautiously read them & not all posts are taken seriously. ;)

Frankly, I'd be happier to know they didn't bother with these boards. I understand that they do monitor them and also completely understand why they'd stay out of conversations for the most part and just let this forum be what it is.

That said, there are times (perhaps infrequent) when it would seem to be to their benefit and would be good PR if they'd chime in when confusion that THEY caused is creating drama.

The new smoking policy is a great example. I called and got one answer... someone else posted on FB and got a different answer. In the meantime, everyone is posting their own opinions about how the very poorly worded press release should be interpreted.

How much simpler for everyone involved if the Princess rep would have just piped in and said, "Our bad... we worded the press release poorly... here's the schedule."

Does anyone with any "authority" at princess read CC Boards and try to improve things or add new and exciting items to remain fresh and new among a larger cruise industry???

Yes....

Is that based on insider's knowledge & being someone of "authority"? ;)

Is that based on insider's knowledge & being someone of "authority"? ;)
Yes, I can say with authority that they do.

I've never seen any "good suggestions" that Princess hasn't already considered. 99% of the time, the "Why doesn't Princess" opinions are based on a lack of understanding of the Princess product.

Yes, I can say with authority that they do.

I've never seen any "good suggestions" that Princess hasn't already considered. 99% of the time, the "Why doesn't Princess" opinions are based on a lack of understanding of the Princess product.

pam a lot of folks are just wanting to know that the line they love actualy care about them and are willing to listen,

pam a lot of folks are just wanting to know that the line they love actualy care about them and are willing to listen,
True. But we've seen some pretty outlandish "demands" or suggestions and people tend to vent on CC rather than give practical, educated, do-able suggestions. If Princess had to explain the reasoning behind every decision and policy, they'd get slammed. Or people wouldn't believe them. I've seen it far too often. :(

Please believe that they do read the boards. Those of us who have cruised on Princess for quite a while have seen changes, both overt and subtle. Were they the result of posts on CC, written suggestions, comments while onboard the ship or post-cruise surveys? It's probably a combination but it would be presumptious to assume that CC is their only source of information.

but it would be presumptious to assume that CC is their only source of information.

Certainly.

It's also naive to think that ANY company isn't, at a minimum, paying someone to watch their presence on the web. All companies do it.

And, some requests around here are very silly.... to me, anyway. Some requests literally sound like, "Walmart is so greedy. I should be able to just give them $100 and they should give me everything I can fit into my cart."

So, I'm sure the cruise lines (as all companies do) get some very good laughs.

getting back to topic I know first hand that Princess do read these forums.......whether they listen is a different story :eek:

How do you know first hand that Princess "does" not "do" read these forums? I would really be intereted in hearing your first hand knowledge. It's always interesting to read posts from people who work for cruiselines or know those that do. Of course, your first hand knowledge may be of a different sort.

Please give us more details. I would really like to read about them.

Yes....

Could you add more information. Just saying yes doesn't answer why you know this to be true, how you got that information or what those at Princess who read these boards do with that information.

Interesting - your posts seem to primarily be one word answers. I'd really like to hear more about your above mentioned "yes" post and what your inside knowledge might be.

How do you know first hand that Princess "does" not "do" read these forums? I would really be intereted in hearing your first hand knowledge. It's always interesting to read posts from people who work for cruiselines or know those that do. Of course, your first hand knowledge may be of a different sort.

I have first-hand knowledge that they read the boards. I'm not going to go into details.

In the past, CD's such as Richard Joseph not only read the boards but posted. I haven't seen one of his posts in years. :(

I have first-hand knowledge that they read the boards. I'm not going to go into details.

In the past, CD's such as Richard Joseph not only read the boards but posted. I haven't seen one of his posts in years. :(

Hey Pam, my post wasn't in response to your post but one posted by "amazing life" Of course, I trust your information. You are a regular cruiser and poster and I am sure you have had many conversations with staff on ships, etc. I always enjoy reading your take on things. I was just curious about the above mentioned poster as they have posted only recently and haven't disclosed anything about their cruise history. So, I was wondering how they would have this information.

Sorry for the confusion!

So, I was wondering how they would have this information.

Because all companies do it. If a company is being discussed in forums, the company knows about it.

There are so many tools available now... even I have a google search set up on my name and will be alerted if anything gets posted anywhere on the web about me.

An entire industry used to scour newspapers for companies and notify them anytime they got mentioned in any paper in the country. That industry has morphed and grown.

A company that has an entire forum devoted to them is paying attention... they have to; it's essential.

Could you add more information. Just saying yes doesn't answer why you know this to be true, how you got that information or what those at Princess who read these boards do with that information.

Interesting - your posts seem to primarily be one word answers. I'd really like to hear more about your above mentioned "yes" post and what your inside knowledge might be.

Don't hold your breath waiting for more than one word! Some people think a high post count gives them credibility and are only interested in big numbers! Got to wonder what they're compensating for:eek:!

I'm not LeroyJenkins but I DO have first hand information that Princess reads these boards.

While we were on the Royal last year I posted something about what a mistake I thought it was that Princess was transferring her to P & O because of her wonderful crew and the way they all worked together. I mentioned some specific people who had gone out of their way to make our cruise just that much better. One that I mentioned was a young man who was constantly cleaning the stairs and who never failed to smile and ask how our day was going.

The next day (after I posted) he said thank you - the company forwarded the email to his supervisor and it was printed out and hanging in the staff area.(The sad thing was when I asked him how he knew it was me to thank and he said I was the only person who ever stopped to answer him. :( )

True. But we've seen some pretty outlandish "demands" or suggestions and people tend to vent on CC rather than give practical, educated, do-able suggestions. If Princess had to explain the reasoning behind every decision and policy, they'd get slammed. Or people wouldn't believe them. I've seen it far too often. :(

Please believe that they do read the boards. Those of us who have cruised on Princess for quite a while have seen changes, both overt and subtle. Were they the result of posts on CC, written suggestions, comments while onboard the ship or post-cruise surveys? It's probably a combination but it would be presumptious to assume that CC is their only source of information.

pam i agree with you the outlandish things actualy deviate princess,s attention away from constructive threads where they may take note and if finacialy ,opperationaly viable or passenger benificial they will discuss it at board level.

so consrtuctive threads are always good.:)

I'm not LeroyJenkins but I DO have first hand information that Princess reads these boards.

While we were on the Royal last year I posted something about what a mistake I thought it was that Princess was transferring her to P & O because of her wonderful crew and the way they all worked together. I mentioned some specific people who had gone out of their way to make our cruise just that much better. One that I mentioned was a young man who was constantly cleaning the stairs and who never failed to smile and ask how our day was going.

The next day (after I posted) he said thank you - the company forwarded the email to his supervisor and it was printed out and hanging in the staff area.(The sad thing was when I asked him how he knew it was me to thank and he said I was the only person who ever stopped to answer him. :( )

That's great to know & also sad that others ignored his cheerful greetings. :(

just to clarify - I 100% believe Princess reads these boards. I was asking specific information about someone's "personal" knowledge of this and what they might know in regards to how the information was used. Or what those from Princess may or may not think of CC, etc.

I know many large corporations have people on staff that part of their job duties are to read social media boards. That would include the company I work for. So, again, I believe Princess and other cruise lines read CC. Just was asking for further information from somone who had stated they had "personal" knowledge. Personal knowledge and just having the common sense to know companies read these types of boards are two different things in my mind.

Still wouldn't mind hearing any details from anyone who knows firsthand, specific information from someone at Princess.:)

Thanks Chamima for your personal experience.

Archived