NCL Cruise-Boston to Quebec City

bmwjeanne

My husband & I are thinking about booking a NCL cruise in 2013 that leaves Boston and arrives in Quebec City. (Portland, Halifax, Charlottetown, Gaspesie and La Baie in between). I know for the cruise in 2012 it is on the Dawn. Not sure if it will be the same ship in 2013. We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Looking at the Sept. cruise. Has anyone been on this cruise recently, and if so, how did you like it? Any stand out experiences? Never been to Boston before, so looking forward to a couple days of sight seeing. We will be flying in from California. We are looking forward to our cruise in March 2012 to the Western Caribbean out of New Orleans on the Spirit. This past August we went to Alaska out of Seattle on the Star--awsome. Love sailing on NCL. Hope to hear from someone about their experience on the Boston cruise.

Go to the Canada boards and/or East costs ports and you will get a much better idea of what other people have posted about that cruise.

Also if you can figure out which ship it will be in 2013 go to the roll call board and see if one has been started or start one yourself.

Cheers

Dennis

Be prepared .

D.W. and I did B2B and it rain 12 out of 14 days.

The cruise had 900 latitude members at the party and yet no official M & G.

The crew was antsy to head south for the winter.

Mainly an older crowd with not much night life.

All that said the sights were spectacular especially spotting Beluga whales.

We still loved this cruise and would do it again.

We did the Boston to Quebec City R/T on the Spirit - September 25, 2010. We had beautiful weather that year, but the colors were late so we missed out on that for most of the trip - although Quebec City had beautiful colors. Our colors in Washington state were actually more vivid when we got back home!

We had a wonderful trip. We usually book balconies, but on this trip we were traveling every night and docked in port most every morning, so we chose to save some money by booking an outside view cabin instead. We were not disappointed.

We also saw Beluga's on our day of cruising one of the fjords. As we did a round trip, we were only in Quebec City for one day. Would love to go back and spend more time in that beautiful city (perhaps by Canadian Rail?).

I would highly recommend this trip - we would do it again in a heartbeat!

I forgot to mention our 2 days pre-cruise in Boston. The first day we took advantage of the Hop-on Hop-off bus (the HoHo). We got our bearings of the city, and the 2nd day were able to go back to the places we didn't have time to visit the 1st day. What a lovely city - chock full of history!

At the end of our cruise, we did the ship's excursion of a "Tour of Boston" - dropping us, and our luggage, off at the airport at the end of the tour. This solved our problem of what to do with our luggage most of the day while we did more exploring before our flight left. It does drive by some of the places you may have already seen if you do the HoHo, but you won't stop and visit them in depth - it's mainly a bus tour.

Hope that helps!

If you like history and have the time, do the Freedom Trail or part of it. It starts at the Boston Common and ends at the Constitution (?) - that is a significant amount of walking but most of the hop on hop off trolleys do at least part of it. A duck tour is always fun and leaves either from the Museum of Science or the Prudential Building. ( the Pru). Our subway system ( the T)is reasonable and easy to navigate. Boston is a walking city. Go to the North End. There are a lot of great Italian restaurants there. Go to Haymarket ( an experience in and of itself). See Faneuil Hall.

Go to the Aquarium. Do a whale watch. Compare the lobster on the cruise with the REAL thing.

Have fun and enjoy Boston.

We did the Boston to Quebec City R/T on the Spirit - September 25, 2010. We had beautiful weather that year, but the colors were late so we missed out on that for most of the trip - although Quebec City had beautiful colors. Our colors in Washington state were actually more vivid when we got back home!

We had a wonderful trip. We usually book balconies, but on this trip we were traveling every night and docked in port most every morning, so we chose to save some money by booking an outside view cabin instead. We were not disappointed.

We also saw Beluga's on our day of cruising one of the fjords. As we did a round trip, we were only in Quebec City for one day. Would love to go back and spend more time in that beautiful city (perhaps by Canadian Rail?).

I would highly recommend this trip - we would do it again in a heartbeat!

Dreamgirl, I was on the ship with you for the first week. We, also had a great time and there was plenty of things to do at night.

I went to the White Hot Party which started at 10:30 pm and there were lots of people attending and the cruise staff was very engaging.

The 50's/60's party was also a lot of fun. It started with an Elvis Impersonator contest where 3 members of the audience were chosen to be Elvis. They were taken back stage and given costumes. Then took turns doing their routines. It was hilarious.

Enjoy your cruise.

Never been on a cruise in this area, for obvious reasons, but went to college in Boston, been to Halifax several times and we go to Quebec City at least twice a year for weekend trips. Boston is just the best. Quebec city is just lovely, about as close to paris as you can get without crossing the pond. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Halafax and Gaspe are ports to enjoy if you are comfortable with smaller cities: As someone who lives in Maine.. we have often taken 3-5 day trips through the Maritimes: We are history buffs too so found lots to see and do:

Sept. isn't usually a rainy month but can be brisk especially in the evening. make sure you bring 'layering": clothing: Blouse, sweater and windbreaker. Out on the water you might even feel need for corduroys: khc

• 2 months later...
My husband & I are thinking about booking a NCL cruise in 2013 that leaves Boston and arrives in Quebec City. (Portland, Halifax, Charlottetown, Gaspesie and La Baie in between). I know for the cruise in 2012 it is on the Dawn. Not sure if it will be the same ship in 2013. We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Looking at the Sept. cruise. Has anyone been on this cruise recently, and if so, how did you like it? Any stand out experiences? Never been to Boston before, so looking forward to a couple days of sight seeing. We will be flying in from California. We are looking forward to our cruise in March 2012 to the Western Caribbean out of New Orleans on the Spirit. This past August we went to Alaska out of Seattle on the Star--awsome. Love sailing on NCL. Hope to hear from someone about their experience on the Boston cruise.

If you decide to do this cruise, come join our roll calls. We are doing the Sept 27 Boston to Quebec and the roll call is here and then the Oct 4 Quebec to Boston roll call is here.

I'm really excited about this cruise. We were on the Spirit March 2011 and had a fantastic cruise. Beautiful ship, great itinerary for us, and the most amazing cruise staff. Enjoy.

Archived