TAMPA: Family Friendly Restaurants

mom2sz

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point on New Year's Eve for a cruise on NCL Star. We were just wondering if anyone can recommend a family-friendly restaurant nearby. We won't have a rental car and we have 2 kids (ages 6,9). Thanks in advance for your help!

The Bahama Breeze is just a walk across the parking lot. We have had dinner there pre-cruise and it was really good. ( a fantastic Fire-shrimp appitizer and yummy coconut shrimp) They have a nice kid's menu as well. This is the only restaurant within walking distance. Sometimes there is a little bit of a wait but you can call from your hotel room and have your name added to the list. I would imagine that if you got to the restaurant early enough, the wait and crowds may not be too bad on NE eve.

Here is a link to their menu: http://www.bahamabreeze.com/menus/

Have a great cruise. :)

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point on New Year's Eve for a cruise on NCL Star. We were just wondering if anyone can recommend a family-friendly restaurant nearby. We won't have a rental car and we have 2 kids (ages 6,9). Thanks in advance for your help!

Great question, we are in the same situation with our boys aged 6.5 and 4 years, also hoping to celebrate a bit on New Year's Eve before boarding the Star :)

FYI Channelside, the shopping area across the street from the port is having free fireworks at midnight, but I'm not sure if we'll be up that late.

Hoosiercouple - Thank you for the Bahama Breeze suggestion and the link. I guess that will be our New Year's Eve dinner. I hope it won't be too crowded.

B&Z's Mom - Thanks for the fireworks info. We may make it since our body clock will still be in Pacific time. We'll probably run into each other at the kid's club with our 6 year olds. :)

Archived