Mixed bag with shuttle service

lovelearnteach

I recently went on a cruise departing from Port Everglades in FLL, and stayed for 3 days afterwards on South Beach in Miami. I booked a shuttle from Quality Limo Service (QLS) for pick up from P.E. to our hotel in S.B., and then from our hotel to FLL airport. They were scheduled to pick us up at P.E. at 11:00a.m., unfortunately the driver scheduled to pick us up never showed up. The dispatcher claimed that the driver claimed they had been by the pick-area 3 times. I knew immediately this was an outright lie, for anyone who has been to the Princess pick-up area at P.E. you know it would be impossible to miss a shuttle bus 3 times. We got off the ship at 10:00a.m. and by 11:00a.m. we were practically the only ones left in the pick-up area. For whatever reason the driver did not show up and and when I called them at 11:30a.m. the dispatcher also said the driver said she even sat and waited on one of the 3 attempts and was told by security that she had to move on because you can only sit and wait for a few minutes. Again another lie as they do let shuttles sit there for quite a long time as we were sitting there watching them do so. Also it would have taken more the 30 min. to go around 3 times, and sit and wait. I'm not sure why they choose to go with this lie, but any seasoned traveler could see this was an obvious lie. The driver didn't show up,so say the shuttle broke down, the driver forgot, etc., not an obvious lie. Very odd and then they offered to refund my money and I could find other transportation. Really, this is your genius solution, to leave us stranded. Umm I don't think so, how about doing what you said you would. Well the only available driver was picking up a passenger from the Miami port and bringing them to P.E. to the Oasis. 2 and half hours later the new driver shows up. Every time I call I'm being told he's stuck in traffic in P.E. trying to get to the Oasis. The young man who finally did show up was very nice and insisted on driving by the traffic for the Oasis to prove he had been stuck in it, and there was a ton of traffic to get to the Oasis. For the return to FLL airport 3 days later I was naturally nervous. I debated on weather or not to cancel that shuttle and find other means. I was assured by QLS that the driver would be there on time, and if he wasn't there by 10:30a.m. to call immediately. The driver showed up at our hotel at 10:12a.m., and was a very nice gentleman and got us to FLL airport with plenty of time to spare. Everyone that I have talked to in this company was very pleasant, but the see-through lie is very odd, and the more I think about it, a little unsettling. Not sure If I would recommend them or use them myself again, except maybe if they had offered some kind of compensation, which they did not. .

Archived