Cancel for any reason insurance

mitsguy2001

I think people that need to cancel should refuse to cancel, out of spite, and just not show up to their cruise. If I need to cancel, why should the cruise line be able to re-sell my cabin and make even more money, while I get no money back at all? If enough people do this, then the cruise lines would be forced to re-think their policy. They would need to offer some compensation for cancelling (even if not a full 100% refund) so that people would cancel, rather than refuse to show up out of spite. People who cancel cruises and get no refund are doormats and are enablers who are enabling the cruise lines to continue their unjust policies.

On my Alaska cruise next summer, if I cancel I get a refund of the taxes and fees (approx $150 p/p, $300 total). If I'm a "no-show" I don't. Good luck trying to talk people into that strategy.

On my Alaska cruise next summer, if I cancel I get a refund of the taxes and fees (approx $150 p/p, $300 total). If I'm a "no-show" I don't. Good luck trying to talk people into that strategy.

Sounds like that cruise line is giving a very minimal "refund" as a way to stop people from using my strategy. The real problem is, since there is no way to convince everyone to refuse to accept that "refund", there is no incentive for an individual to refuse it. My strategy only works if everyone agrees to refuse to cancel. It's kind of like an employer where everyone is "forced" to work ridiculous hours in order to compete with their peers. If everyone refused to work those hours, then the employer would be forced to change their strategy (either hire more people, not take on work that they can't handle, find more efficient ways of doing things, give employers more compensation for working more hours, etc). But unfortunately, there is always one employee willing to work those hours for little or no compensation, which ruins it for everyone.

This really has nothing to do with cruise and travel insurance any more so if the topic continues I'll move to another forum. The cruise line policies are what they are and if you don't like them, or the travel insurance company policies, don't do business with them.:rolleyes:

Archived