Eli's EcoTour Question

Racefan9

Hello All!

We will be on AOS, Southern itinerary. DH and DS will do Eli's Extreme CircumNav. I would like to take daughter on the Eco Tour. Am wondering about the snorkeling. Is it mandatory or can people stay on boat? We have several other snorkeling excursions, and may want to just relax. Also, does he carry the inflatable snorkel vests like the cruise excursions carry? She is an okay swimmer, but the extra vests are nice.

Thanks so much!

I just did the Xtreme tour. Snorkeling was entirely voluntary on that one. I didn't like snorkeling, so I just went swimming without the equipment. A couple of people stayed on the boat. I think our boat had those swim belts, too. I'm sure the Eco Tour would be similarly equipped.

We had a lot of fun on the Xtreme tour. I'm sure the Eco Tour is just as much fun! Just be sure to bring plenty of STRONG sunscreen!

Thank you! That's what I thought, but glad someone could confirm. Hope you liked the Extreme Tour! We have a speed boat, so it didn't appeal so much to me, but the boys are excited about it! How did you like the stingrays?

Hello All!

We will be on AOS, Southern itinerary. DH and DS will do Eli's Extreme CircumNav. I would like to take daughter on the Eco Tour. Am wondering about the snorkeling. Is it mandatory or can people stay on boat? We have several other snorkeling excursions, and may want to just relax. Also, does he carry the inflatable snorkel vests like the cruise excursions carry? She is an okay swimmer, but the extra vests are nice.

Thanks so much!

When the Eco Tour stops at Bird Island for lunch, there is a snorkelling session from the beach, where novices can get some expert tuition from the crew. Otherwise, if you want to chill on the boat, that's fine too.

1703711706_BirdIsland.jpg.9e88fa27b87d97c0814dc4afe9ac7606.jpg

Hello All!

Thanks so much!

We've done all of Eli's tours, some multiple times - in fact we'll be on his sailboat again in a few short weeks, can't wait. We've done the eco 4 times. Every time we've done it, people have chosen to stay on the boat rather than snorkel or climb Hell's Gate. They relax on board, socialize with the crew, and end up having as enjoyable a day as people who have decided to get in the water. They carry vests, and a crew member gets in the water to help folks who are less confident or need assistance.

I'm sure your family will enjoy both tours. Your son and husband will probably have Capt. JD, please tell him Jodi and Ernie said hi!

Thank you! That's what I thought, but glad someone could confirm. Hope you liked the Extreme Tour! We have a speed boat, so it didn't appeal so much to me, but the boys are excited about it! How did you like the stingrays?

The Xtreme boat is a blast - if you haven't seen this yet, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OeoOp6bO0g. When you go out into the Atlantic, you can get quite a ride - rather like an amusement park :D. The stingrays are like huge portabello mushrooms!

We've done all of Eli's tours, some multiple times - in fact we'll be on his sailboat again in a few short weeks, can't wait. We've done the eco 4 times. Every time we've done it, people have chosen to stay on the boat rather than snorkel or climb Hell's Gate. They relax on board, socialize with the crew, and end up having as enjoyable a day as people who have decided to get in the water. They carry vests, and a crew member gets in the water to help folks who are less confident or need assistance.

I'm sure your family will enjoy both tours. Your son and husband will probably have Capt. JD, please tell him Jodi and Ernie said hi!

Hi,

How long is Eli's Eco Tour? Do you remember what time you were picked up and dropped off at the cruise ship dock? We're thinking of booking this tour.

Thanks,

Mary

How did you like the stingrays?

The stingrays were very cool. One of them got up close and personal with a lady on our tour and practically kissed her on the face! It was really funny!

We did the Xtreme tour because we wanted something to do before we were allowed to board our cruise ship. It was just perfect, except for the sunburn!

Hi,

How long is Eli's Eco Tour? Do you remember what time you were picked up and dropped off at the cruise ship dock? We're thinking of booking this tour.

Thanks,

Mary

You'll love it! It's around 6 1/2 hours long - pick up is between 9:00 am and 9:30 am, and drop off is around 4:00. We've never had to rush to make it back on board by 4:30 (including stopping in a couple of shops), and they have never, never been late with their passengers.

You'll love it! It's around 6 1/2 hours long - pick up is between 9:00 am and 9:30 am, and drop off is around 4:00. We've never had to rush to make it back on board by 4:30 (including stopping in a couple of shops), and they have never, never been late with their passengers.

Thanks!!!

Mary

Archived