Deuling ship horns

LML101

I've witnessed two of them too, between the Freedom of the Seas and Carnival Sensation (I think it was Sensation). It was a lot of fun, cause it kept going on too. Disney disappointed me, cause they didn't give a peep on either Sunday. It was a B2B and they did it two weeks in a row :). Gotta love it and make sure you film it ;)

Cindy

You Tube has a duel between Disney Magic and one of her sister ships Dream (bigger and better) really funny. No one should ever duel with Disney!

Here it is:

Thanks for posting; had me grinning the whole time!

I have been on Independence and we have had 3 different horn contests at different times.

Once between Queen Mary 2, Oriana and Ventura coming out of Southampton at the same time.

We met Voyager in France at 6am in the morning!! That was a wake up call I never want again!

And then we had Celebrity Eclipse as we met in Ireland! There was also lots of wooping, howling, whistling and yelling between the two ships which was quite fun actually! As we Cobh harbor is very small and you get very up close to the ship.

CK x

In 1998 we took the Vision thru the Canal for our honeymoon. It was her first trip to Curacao. We had to dock way in the back of the channel under the big expansion bridge. There were 2 other ships docked along the side of the canal. As we sailed out not only did both ships blow their horns in tandem, there were bands and dancers, and a zillon people lined along both sides of the channel bidding us goodbye. It was definitely a weepy moment for alot of people. Made us feel like the most important ship in the waters.

Sometimes we drive to San Pedro just to watch the ships sail and everytime I hear the horn I cry. Good Grief!!!

Yea, another cruise sap! We should start another new club...Cruise Saps...those who weep on cruises!

I am definitely hoping for some kind of horn play between Allure and Mariner next Friday in Cozumel! I will be filming as I am going to carry my new Flip video with me at all times!:D

Archived