Seabourn Odyssey Seabourn Odyssey Rome to Fort Lauderdale - Nov. - Dec., 2011

mariners

fairbourne

That's right........NO fresh garlic on the March Legend crossing ~until we called on Madeira. But we were all "good sports" and simply laughed and giggled about the situation.~~I heard very few complaints. 'Sorta like when the 2 big rogue waves hit the Pride in the middle of the Atlantic one March TA ~~we all got up, brushed ourselves off......cleaned up our suites and kept on marching like 'little Seabourn Navy Officers! No one complained or called CNN ~~word of the "happening" never got to the media. (we didn't have anything made of glass until Lisbon, however)Another day at sea~:eek:

I just Mr Sunshine comes to visit West Texas soon! The wind is so bitter and cold ~~

Happy Week!

Miss Martita

Fairbourne...what was Mariners blog on and KaraokeQueen's?. I am really enjoying the Seabourn Traveller one. We will be on Odyssey 34 days in Jan. and I will have the unlimited package so I will "Try" to post a little about our trip. Someone posted an excellent one when they did this last Jan. and I can't seem to find it. Think his wife's name was Helen and he had pictures of all the islands. Can't believe I have forgotten. Maybe someone will help me out!! I'm definitely having a senior moment.

redheadednancy,

if not mistaken here's the link you're referring to posted by Bristol Golfer:

(We were also on this cruise partially and maybe on part of the upcoming Quest world cruise if our TA can convince us that Seabourn is getting its act together post HALization).

Sojourn World Cruise World cruise blog & pics now updated:

Blog: http://helen-haynes.blogspot.com

Pics:

http://www.vhsholdings.com/sojourn/?id=20 = Borneo

http://www.vhsholdings.com/sojourn/?id=21 = On to HK

http://www.vhsholdings.com/sojourn/?id=22 = HK

Enjoy

quote.gif

fairbourne

That's right........NO fresh garlic on the March Legend crossing ~until we called on Madeira. But we were all "good sports" and simply laughed and giggled about the situation.~~I heard very few complaints. 'Sorta like when the 2 big rogue waves hit the Pride in the middle of the Atlantic one March TA ~~we all got up, brushed ourselves off......cleaned up our suites and kept on marching like 'little Seabourn Navy Officers! No one complained or called CNN ~~word of the "happening" never got to the media. (we didn't have anything made of glass until Lisbon, however)Another day at sea~:eek:

I just Mr Sunshine comes to visit West Texas soon! The wind is so bitter and cold ~~

Happy Week!

Miss Martita

Miss M - I just love all your little stories - it brightens my day when I tune into CC over breakfast and find some interesting posts made while I have my beauty sleep :eek: from the other side of the pond! :)

Wrap up well if you going out - I'm off to get the last minute bits n bobs and it's cold and damp today - "it's a dreich day the day", as we say in Scotland!

fairbourne

Here's a 'lit true tale for 'you to read when you return from bits and bobs (whatever those are)

My bar stool on the "Baby Girl's" has always been the far end one by the service kitchen ~ for 11 years, that is. Most bartenders are sweet & kind as to "saving" it for me......I've actually heard thru' the grapevine that if "someone" sits on my stool around 11:00 am, passengers will politely say to the squatter......"ohhh, I'm sorry, but you'll need to move over one stool as the Scalawag will be here in 5 minutes and THATS her "perch" ~~believe it or not, "they" move over! Wellll, one day I was minding my own business having my Pimms Cup 2, with Ginger Ale, a woman scurried up to me.....I had never seen her before. She leaned over and said, "aren't you the lady that writes for a travel magazine?" I replied, "no, I'm not.....sorry" THEN she ask, "do you have on a wig......???":confused: I thought I had misunderstood her......then realized she was serious! I said, "no, this is my hair" ~~~'yep, you guessed it ~her reply, "may I pull it just to see for myself???" Go right ahead!...yank it! It's just that I have alot of hair, Cupcakes!!

She walked on back to her tablemates and I read her lips....."No, it's not a WIG, that's her real hair!!

Can you top that saga? Welllll, stay "tuned in, 'cause I can!:D "

Seabourn Scalawag

Miss Martita B

Texas Gal I think we should have a new thread purely for your lovely little tales .... "Salty Sea Tales from the Seabourn Scalawag":D

"Bits n bobs" - just last minute little pieces of shopping for the holidays. And of course the few things that Santa can't bring me down the chimney!:D;)

Happy times!

Archived