Wine purchase in FLL

Bustersmom

Very good to know! Didn't know that was an option. We always bring our wine with us but this is good information.

Actually what we've done for the last two cruises out of FLL - someone on the Roll Call (me on the last one) got a list from everyone staying at the same hotel (here were 7 of us) so we had a group order that was delivered to my room then we split it out. I think it was 72 bottles...

The Publix supermarket next door to Total Wine also has a good selection of wine, plus you can buy your soda or bottled water (if you want it) there as well. I don't think Total sells sodas or mixers.

Yes it does.

Total Wine is very big, but there are wines that I get at ABC that I can't get there. Usually I just pick up at Publix though while I am grocery shopping.

We'll be staying at the Sleep Inn in Dania and there is a Publix across the street so we're thinking of buying our wine there. Does anyone know if we'll be able to get the wine boxed up and sealed there?

We'll be staying at the Sleep Inn in Dania and there is a Publix across the street so we're thinking of buying our wine there. Does anyone know if we'll be able to get the wine boxed up and sealed there?

I don't know if Publix has a wine boxing service. If you buy at least 3 bottles, they will put them in a free 4-bottle reusable soft bag with handles.

What good fortune. I just found out that Total Wines is in walking distance from my pre-cruise hotel. Glad to hear there is a Publix Market so close to it. I guess I will be doing some shopping for things I cannot carry on the airplane. And now I think I will be shopping for some champagne and wine.

This will be my first time taking wine onboard my cruise. I need to find out the limitations. I guess it is just one bottle. Anyone know any different? I recall there is a separate thread on this subject. I need to do some CC research.

What good fortune. I just found out that Total Wines is in walking distance from my pre-cruise hotel. Glad to hear there is a Publix Market so close to it. I guess I will be doing some shopping for things I cannot carry on the airplane. And now I think I will be shopping for some champagne and wine.

This will be my first time taking wine onboard my cruise. I need to find out the limitations. I guess it is just one bottle. Anyone know any different? I recall there is a separate thread on this subject. I need to do some CC research.

Princess allows one bottle per person.

Thanks, Royalcruz.

With a one-bottle limit, it looks like it needs to be that one bottle of very special Champagne for New Years Eve.

Oh well, I saw the wine list for the Ruby and it looks very good and the prices seem reasonable as well.

We just did a California Coastal cruise on the Sapphire Princess in October and brought 10 bottles of wine from our cellar. We also purchased six bottles of wine each in Napa/San Francisco and Santa Barbara. Took to the dining room and was charged a $15 corkage fee.

I have never seen Princess restrict to one bottle per person. I have read that in Australia they do, but we have not had a problem in US, Canada or Europe taking several bottles of wine. We have also brought on local beer in foreign ports without problems.

In the Passenger Cruise Contract, they say that alcohol is prohibited, but that passengers may bring wine or champagne for consumption in their cabins or a corkage fee will be charged if brought to dining room. No limit is mentioned.

Archived