6 other Ships in Cozumel when we'll be there!

I was just looking at www.cruiseport.com and on Jan 6, when we'll be in Cozumel on Mariner, there will be 6 other ships in port. We weren't planning on an excursion, just taking a cab to the downtown area. Wondering whether we should leave the ship a bit later and return earlier than planned to avoid long line ups in and out of the port area. None of the other ships are RCL which may or may not make a difference. Suggestions?

Carnival Magic

Celebrity Solstice

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Holland Am. ms Ryndam

NCL Norwegian Pearl

NCL Norwegian Spirit

NCL Norwegian Star

I know you said you weren't planning any excursion, but your best bet might be to "get out of Dodge" while you're in port.

I'd recommend spending the day at Nachi Cocum, which is my favorite place to be in Cozumel. It's easy and cheap to get a taxi which take you on a 10-15 minute ride to the resort, and taxis are always available there to bring you back to the port. The cost for the taxi is around $10 per person or less if several are going. You can come back into town around 3 pm., and still have time to do a little shopping.

Here's the website to check out. Reservations much be made online. If you book, you'll be asked to make a deposit...but just a note...the balance due when you get to the resort must me paid in cash...

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/NachiCocomCozumel.htm

I know you said you weren't planning any excursion, but your best bet might be to "get out of Dodge" while you're in port.

I'd recommend spending the day at Nachi Cocum, which is my favorite place to be in Cozumel. It's easy and cheap to get a taxi which take you on a 10-15 minute ride to the resort, and taxis are always available there to bring you back to the port. The cost for the taxi is around $10 per person or less if several are going. You can come back into town around 3 pm., and still have time to do a little shopping.

Here's the website to check out. Reservations much be made online. If you book, you'll be asked to make a deposit...but just a note...the balance due when you get to the resort must me paid in cash...

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/NachiCocomCozumel.htm

Hmmm, it looks great! We may just do that. Thanks for the tip!

I can assume that Mariner and Solstice will both be docked at the same pier, with the Magic and the Ryndam will be at the neighboring pier. Norwegian ships dock about a mile or two away.

I agree about Nachi Cocom. Went there in June, it was a great day!

If you seriously consider Nachi Cocum, I strongly recommend that you book early because it's gotten very popular in the years I've been going there.

Just so you know, guests are limited (100 or less) so there is never a crowded atmosphere. The best part is that adult beverages are included in the price and flow freely. And the food is outstanding...a chef from a nearly hotel prepares he food...you get a three-course meal, but be sure to order so there's an hour between each course, because you'll never be able to eat all that food at once!

The staff is friendly and attentive...you will be assigned a waiter who just might wade out into the water to bring you a fresh drink! And the massages are to die for!

Um, did I mention that I love Nachi Cocum????;);)

I was just looking at www.cruiseport.com and on Jan 6, when we'll be in Cozumel on Mariner, there will be 6 other ships in port. We weren't planning on an excursion, just taking a cab to the downtown area. Wondering whether we should leave the ship a bit later and return earlier than planned to avoid long line ups in and out of the port area. None of the other ships are RCL which may or may not make a difference. Suggestions?

Carnival Magic

Celebrity Solstice

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Holland Am. ms Ryndam

NCL Norwegian Pearl

NCL Norwegian Spirit

NCL Norwegian Star

It looks like the two largest ships will be the Mariner and the Carnival Magic. More than likely the Mariner and the Solstice will share a pier, the Magic and the Ryndam will share a pier that is separate from the Mariner and Solstice. The NCL ships usually use the Puerta Maya piers that are closer to downtown. So the International pier/terminal that you will be on should not have any problems.

8 on our day with Allure too!:eek: We are not leaving the ship. We were just at Nachi for our 7th visit in August. Love it, but we want to enjoy the ship this time.

Uh oh, I'm on the Allure so it seems 8 on my day too! I've also been reading that its been a pain in the butt to get back on the ship in Cozumel lately. Starting to rethink my plans!

Archived