St Thomas / St Maartin

speedy080765

We are going on a the Carnival Dream on December 31st. Could someone please give me some excursion help. I have a 19 year old daughter, 8 and 6 year old boys. Godfrey or Sonny Liston in St Thomas...any other ideas appreciated. ATV Tours in St Maartin... All help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

We are going on a the Carnival Dream on December 31st. Could someone please give me some excursion help. I have a 19 year old daughter, 8 and 6 year old boys. Godfrey or Sonny Liston in St Thomas...any other ideas appreciated. ATV Tours in St Maartin... All help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

who says you have to do a tour. What kid wants a tour? Lot's of beaches in both places easily accessed by taxi.

We loved Sonny Liston's tour of St. Thomas. He is hilarious. I'm not sure how much kids would enjoy it. I was all about the beach at that age. I think you know your kids personality best. We rented ATVs on St Maarten & had a blast. Not sure about the age requirements. Again, will your younger boys be comfortable on an ATV?

I had done Sonny Loston twice and was pleased both times, very upbeat with music & singing. Can not say anything about Godfrey but I did hear positive remarks for other cruisers.

in St Marten- the tour MUST include MAHO beach- Your kids would love to see the planes landing--up close and personal

youtube to see many videos

Can easily get to Megans Bay St Thomas and the clothing side of Orient Beach on St Maartin

There is no such thing. You can and will likely see full nudity all over Orient Beach and will definitely see topless women.

There is no such thing. You can and will likely see full nudity all over Orient Beach and will definitely see topless women.

The area to the right of the rocks is nude;the area to the left of the rocks is topless/clothed. The problem is the exhibitionists that stay just to the right of the rocks, directly in front of the parking area. We saw some very, very funny sights there last month that young children wouldn't appreciate.

The area to the right of the rocks is nude;the area to the left of the rocks is topless/clothed. The problem is the exhibitionists that stay just to the right of the rocks, directly in front of the parking area. We saw some very, very funny sights there last month that young children wouldn't appreciate.

That is what is the "official" policy but many people enjoy full nudity along the entire length of the beach, especially before noon as the nudists walk teh entire length of the beach.

First time we were in St. Thomas we did a Jet Ski & Snorkel tour and para sailed from The Sugar Bay resort. Lots of fun and I'm sure your kids would enjoy, but something you can do on most islands.

When we returned to St. Thomas last year we did the Dolphin Experience in Tortola. This was incredible!!! And a must do.

St. Maarten is one of our favorite islands. We did Captain Allen's 3 Island Snorkel tour. It was awesome and would definitely recommend it.

Have fun...

Stay on the Dutch side if you do not want clothing optional beaches in St. Maarten. The French side has clothing optional beaches. Ships dock on the Dutch side

Hi - we will be on the same cruise with our 2 boys, ages 6 and 2. In St. Martin we are going to take them to Le Gallion beach, which is supposed to be really great for kids (protected reef, not a lot of surf). We are going on a sailing excursion in St. Thomas and leaving the kids in Camp Carnival.

Hope to meet you, are you on the roll call?

I will second the recommendation of Bernard's Tours in St Maarten, if what you want is a full-island tour. I did it last month and loved it. Our first stop was at an iguana "farm", which your boys may adore. Our guide was "Mailman". The tour does stop at Orient Beach for about an hour and a half, and I did see a guy at the area near theparking lot who was clearly strutting his stuff for the new arrivals to see. There were also topless women on the non-nude side. Only you can decide whether this would be offensive or inappropriate for our family. The tour stopped at Maho Beach (next to the airport) for half an hour. One of the big planes landed just as we pulled up, and two left while we were there.

The tours do include alcoholic beverages (as well as soda and water) and can have a bit of a party atmosphere. If you're considering this tour, I'd contact them and ask if it's possible to be in a van with other families with kids...

I did Godfrey's tour in St Thomas in 2008 and it was a good tour. It's an open-sided vehicle and there is a beach stop and a shopping stop.

My husband and I cruised the eastern itinerary on the Dream this past Aug with our boys, ages 8 and 11. For St. Thomas, we took a cab to Sapphire Beach and spent the day snorkling. At St. Martin, we did a tour with Bernards. My kids loved it. My 11 year old keeps asking if we can go back and even wrote a report on this port for school. We stopped at an iguana farm, went to Maho Beach, did attempt Orient Beach but the beach was covered with seaweed due to the Irene so ended up at Le Gallion. We were dropped off near the pier at the end of the tour and did some shopping. Overall, a great day and would highly recommend it.

We loved Sonny Liston's tour of St. Thomas. He is hilarious. I'm not sure how much kids would enjoy it. I was all about the beach at that age. I think you know your kids personality best. We rented ATVs on St Maarten & had a blast. Not sure about the age requirements. Again, will your younger boys be comfortable on an ATV?

would you mind telling me who you rented your ATVs from on St. Maarten? We are thinking of doing the same thing! I tried to contact someone (I think it was RAS) to ask some questions by email, but didnt get a reply :(

I took the tour with some shopping time with Sunny Liston. My son did not get up in time (I was so mad!) so I walked out to where he picked up the passengers so he would not wait & be put late with his tour. Did not expect him to still accommodate us, but he did. He said be back in an hour & we could go, it would just be less shopping time.

So that was super, he tries very hard to please. The singing & such was fine but after a time it did feel a bit much with the pumping of the brakes that went along to the beat of the song. Maybe Godfrey would have been more our style. I will say that St. Thomas was my least favorite port stop on that cruise that included half moon cay, puerto rico and grand turk.

St Maarten is probably our favourite stop. We like to spend the day right down town. You can take the water taxi all day for around $5 and it takes you back and forth from the ship to down town. When you get down town you can spend the day on the beach and if you get tired of that, the town is directly behind you.

Another fun thing to do is Maho Bay where you can watch the planes fly directly over you and land at the airport behind you. We did that once and I bet the kids would get a real kick out of that. Here a video of it:

Archived